Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I've been pining for a T100 for a year now. I'm not really good enough to post since I'm still a Triumph owner wanna-be, but what the hell right? Anyway, I think the lightbulb just went off. I'm realizing that the 2007 Bonneville is looking like a great deal. The MSRP is $7499 so one could probably be had for $7200 or less plus tax and tags. Now, since they upgraded the engine to 865CC the only difference between the T100 and Regular Bonnie is 1) tank colors (scallops), 2) tachometer, 3) kneepads & 4) chrome engine covers??? Anything else?

Krikey! Money is an issue and this will help a lot! I'm going for the Goodwood Green and I'll add the other stuff later. Hell, with the savings I can buy the wife a nice piece of jewelry and keep her satisfied as well! Yee-haa, let the dream begin soon... time to shop! :-D

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
get it! instead of forking over the money for chrome covers later, you can strip the laquer and polish the stock aluminum covers for only the cost of some sandpaper, rouge, and your time. and it will look better than chrome.

Welcome aboard!!! Feel free to post away, we don't mind newbies and non-Triumph riders, hell there are even a few HD riders on here!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice! I went from a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 to a Bonneville and it was the best move I ever made!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Do it do it do it. Best money I've ever spent. Hands down.

'course... bought mine used with the mods for 5 g's! :razz:

[ This message was edited by: pabonne on 2006-11-29 21:38 ]

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I can buy the wife a nice piece of jewelry
tomster, take your wife with you when you get your T100. You might find she'd rather have a helmet, jacket, gloves etc.
Then again, she might ride out with the Triumph and you could end up with a set of golf clubs. :roflmoa2: :roflmoa2: :roflmoa2:

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
That's pretty much the only difference. The custom paint gives the bike more of a retro look, but the plain Bonnie blacks are the way to go if you want to make a custom bike out of it. The chrome looks great, which is what I have. I am glad I did the T100 for the tach as well. You'll end up buying it anyway. Either way, it's a great bike and fun to ride and personalize. Enjoy!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I just bought a T100, and went thru your process...here's what I did

first, because it's a retro, the black cases were out (for me)...I wanted silver cases. the stripped Bonneville for 07 has black crank cases with silver side covers...if you want the silver engine, for 07 it's the T100.

next, the tach and tank knee pads as an addition pretty much equate to the up money for the T100 package...I could care less about the chrome side cases.

the "cheap" bike that made sense to me was the silver paint with silver engine stark looking thing...but it was offered in 06...and those were all sold...which is why the 07s were brought out early...the bikes are selling well, so don't expect much discount from MSRP...except here:
http://www.southernpowersports.com/...Manufacturer=8&Category=1&CatDesc=Motorcycles

expect your local dealer to spit on you if you don't spend your purchase money in his shop tho. you may get on the service list...but scheduled for June of 09. I hate dealerships.

now that you have the bike, a center stand is extra nice...chain maintainance, flat tires on the road...ect...another rediculous $240...and maybe the fork gators...somewhat cheesy materials, but $38 none the less.

I got my T100 2 weeks ago from the local guy...I paid the list $8200 (he bought before the price increase to $8300, so he passed it on to me, but he threw in the $240 stand and the $38 gators for that price.

having said that, I'm another one who loves this scooter. the spend money whatever it is is minor to the smilies.

hock the kids and get one.

·
Registered
866 Posts
If money is really an issue, do what PABonnie did: buy used. If you're worried about the bike being a lemon, do what I did: buy used from a dealer.

Cycletrader.com is how I found my loved one.

Your savings going this route will dwarf the alternatives you're currently considering....

P

·
Registered
866 Posts
If money is really an issue, do what PABonnie did: buy used. If you're worried about the bike being a lemon, do what I did: buy used from a dealer.

Cycletrader.com is how I found my loved one.

Your savings going this route will dwarf the alternatives you're currently considering....

P

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweat, I actually like the Aluminum covers just as much as the chrome so nothing lost there.

Walt, I've spent the past year wearing her down. And you might be right I think she'll be ready to ride by the time I get one. In fact she'll probably swipe it from me :razz:

Modre, You wrote "first, because it's a retro, the black cases were out (for me)...I wanted silver cases. the stripped Bonneville for 07 has black crank cases with silver side covers...if you want the silver engine, for 07 it's the T100."

I'm a little confused, isn't it only the Bonnie Black that has the black cases? It does look like the Goodwood Green has the black cam covers. But, you are right, I didn't realize how much the Tach was over $300 plus the knee pads would add around $403 total. Still I think I'd save aroun $400 or so.

Also, anyone seen Ridge lately? He's going to kick my arse if I don't act soon. Yoo Hoo!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Get the chrome or you will be polishing aluminium every time it gets wet. In the long run you'll be a lot happier. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.