Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Legend TT

Kelly Blue Book rates the low trade in value for the Legend TT at $1765 and the dealer retail as $2615. How close is this to what someone should actually expect to pay for this bike with low miles in good condition?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
That's the lower end. Upper end for a Legend should be around $3000.

The Legend was the budget model of the Hinckley Classic Triples.

Thunderbirds have nicer finish and shiny motors so they command a higher price. Thunderbird Sports have nicer finish, 6 speed trans, and better braking and suspension so they command the most. $3000-$5000.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should the need for tires be taken into consideration when working within that price range? Which bike of the Hinkley Classic Triples is the most highly sought after, or the best bang for your buck?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
They're essentially the same basic bike. It depends on your taste and what is available at the time you are looking.

Be careful if you find a bike with extremely low mileage because most likely is wasn't maintained.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I'm In a small minority in the UK in that I prefer the black engined Legend TT to the T-bird. I'd like the T-bird with out all the sparkly bits.......kinda defeats the purpose though, so for me it's a Legend TT, gonna trade the Sprint RS in for it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts