Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM the biggest Loser!

I detailed the Emerald Princess for a Sat. morning ride on Friday night. No ale consuming until AFTER I was finished.

God only knows why I forgot to keylock the bags...YES...BOTH BAGS!

At 65mph the left bag was an oblong basketball in my left side mirror. Tumbling behind me as I watched in horror.

So... Do any of you out there have a left bag? Condition need not be excellent. I really only need the bag itself. I can repair my lid and have it painted.

Tom...(the village idiot)

P.S. Are the older Sprint and Tiger bags identicle? i.e. 05' and back.

T

·
0 Posts
Don't feel bad.. Same thing happened to me, but the lock was secure. It was a bit loose (damage from previous owner) and the tab somehow squezed past the clasp. Did not realize it was gone until I reached my destination. Found it on the side of the road later that day. A bit scratched up but no worse for the wear.

Good luck in locating a replacement.

Bill

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much Thanks to all!
Seeker, thanks for everything. Unfortunately for me those bags are qiute a bit different from mine. If I can't find a replacement I can get my lid painted and then I'm cool.

It just bumms me out about the locks. One still funtions, the other is buggered up. I consider myself blessed for two reasons.
#1. The bag could have been destroyed.
#2. I know a great body/airbrush/painter/etc.etc.

If I knew how to post a pic of the helmet he did for me, I would. It's beautiful!.

Cheer's,
Tom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts