Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been installing High Techspeed Zepto LED Lights on my 13 Thruxton for a few days now and I'm absolutely stumped by a couple of issues.

First off: the lights come with a built in relay and control module (for programming) and everywhere online states I do not need an external led relay for these lights; I tested all 4 lights and wiring harnesses on 12V battery before install and they're good; my old signals worked fine when uninstalled; each light has 4 wires: black negative wire, red low-intensity wire for running-light option, orange high-intensity wire for turn signal option, and yellow program wire to select desired light pattern.

Rears: I've installed both rears to function only as turn signals and programmed them to display the same turn signal pattern. Red wire(running lights) is not connected. Verified everything was right and heat-shrunk it all and moved to the front. Since running into issues with front set installation, I noticed the right rear light has changed patterns once and stayed changed.

Front: I cannot get the front right signal to change programs. It only blinks one pattern on high intensity even if I connect the low intensity wire. The left light was connected, performing as high intensity turn signal properly. Then as I was programming the pattern it switched to low intensity output and will no longer change light programs or switch back to high intensity.

I've tried switching around signal wires, disconnecting everything and reconnecting, checked all wires for damage, unplugging the motorcycle's flasher relay (this breaks the entire turn signal circuit).

I'm at a loss. I've looked online for troubleshooting to no avail. I've called manufacturer and they're out until Monday. I've talked nicely to it and told it I'll treat it better in the future. I've talked badly to it and threatened it. Nothing seems to work. Please help!

·
Registered
779 Posts
just take your test light (with the light grounded) and push it into the out lead of the flasher relay. If everything starts working, the problem is resistance.

I am assuming that the 12 V test light is incandescent.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Incandescent test light. You're referring to the stock flasher relay, correct?

just take your test light (with the light grounded) and push it into the out lead of the flasher relay. If everything starts working, the problem is resistance.

I am assuming that the 12 V test light is incandescent.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yes. Incandescent test light. You're referring to the stock flasher relay, correct?
I am assuming that you are using a flasher relay intended for LED lights, however I am not assuming that it actually works with every bike/ setup. I have a collection of LED flasher relays that were all supposed to plug and play, not the case.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Can you by pass the the yellow wire ( leave it unplugged ) and try again , If you still have problems by pass the relay that comes with the lights , you will need a LED relay preferably with a control switch on It http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pin-Motorcycle-Speed-Adjustable-LED-Turn-Signal-Indicator-Flasher-Relay-12V-/281712685962 I have this on my Thruxton works great . If your lights work like before your install then I guess Its something to do with the light pattern ( Yellow wire ) In which case leave It unplugged , or I guess Its back to the drawing board .

Hope this helps....Ride safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve been facing the same issue converting my lights to LED. After looking through a few similar chats, I really have to say, it is a mystery how nobody actually posts a single picture of their successful wiring. If people just posted a picture it would eliminate a lot of dialogue and give a visual aid for those struggling with this issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts