Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

US based owner here looking for the part number (and preferably a place to order) the sequential LED indicators the chaps get across the pond.

Thanks!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yeah, it does suck that the US mandates that we have to use the leftover Honda blinkers from their 1994 parts bin...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't think they had sequential lights. In any case you can save some money with the koso led. Check eBay for Koso North America HE015K14. They apparently manufactured the triumph branded indicators. They are not sequential though. I put them on my 2018r. The wiring will need to be modified though due to different connector styles. I ended up cutting the connectors off the factory turn signals and soldering them into the koso set. If you plan on using the factory tail you will also need the adapter plates which you can find at RevZilla. Seems like a lot but they are half the cost if the triumph units.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the triumph branded Koso signals. The advantage with buying the triumph ones is that they're plug and play. No modifications necessary but a bit pricey. They are not sequential.

I got mine on ebay from a UK seller. An led relay was included but not needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also installed the Koso HE015K14 Matte Black LED turn signals on my 2018 765 RS. Besides updating to the Triumph connectors, the front requires modifications/adding adapter plate in order to fit on the Triumph style mount, the rear was an easy fit on my tail tidy bolting directly with the signal stalk's M8 bolt. I wrote a review on Amazon as follows:

The Koso "Unlimited" LED Turn Signals are excellent after market turn signals worth considering. My application is for a 2018 Triumph Street Triple 765 RS. And please note that Triumph sold a version of this turn signal as an OEM accessory in Europe (was made to fit Triumph specific mounting). It's good to know that these turn signals were good enough to meet Triumph's performance/durability/aesthetic requirements. They seem very similar to the coveted Rizoma accessories, but at a more attractive price (the Koso's are made in Taiwan).
The build quality is first rate with the housing solidly cast in aluminum, handsomely sculpted and beautifully finished in matte black; much higher quality than the typical plastic housing . The five horizontal amber LEDs are bright and provide good visibility, better than the OEM turn signals. As with most after market turn signal you'll need to work out the specific mounting scheme (attached with M8 x 1.25 nut) and wiring length /termination (these come with two 7" wires with male bullet connectors). Depending on your bike , you might need to change the relay to prevent hyper flashing. None of this is not very hard if you want to DIY. Remember these are turn signals only (two wires) with flashing amber LEDs, these do not have the running light feature (requiring a three wire set up).
Last comment: Amazon vendors typically sell these for about $70/pair but you can find it for a lower price, I paid $54. I hope the life/performance of the Koso's hold up, that will be the acid test.

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
I read that the Triumph ones (for the 2020RS?) were sequential. I asked my dealer to see if he can get them for me. He has some dealer friends in the UK and Italy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To answer the original question:

A9838077 - SCROLLING LED INDICATORS - PAIR
A9838079 - SCROLLING LED INDICATOR RELAY

It looks like the rear and front indicator pairs have the same part numbers. There are also non-scrolling LED indicators.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To answer the original question:

A9838077 - SCROLLING LED INDICATORS - PAIR
A9838079 - SCROLLING LED INDICATOR RELAY

It looks like the rear and front indicator pairs have the same part numbers. There are also non-scrolling LED indicators.
Thank you. I've checked the few places I thought might have them and they are showing as backorder, so I'm guessing these haven't been released yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So whats the deal with the relay? Im hearing from several people that this bike does not require the relay since its wired up for LEDs for the EU market. Why do they sell it then? Is it the scrolling versions that require the relay?

·
Registered
10 Posts
So whats the deal with the relay? Im hearing from several people that this bike does not require the relay since its wired up for LEDs for the EU market. Why do they sell it then? Is it the scrolling versions that require the relay?
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that while the on/off ratio for a normal flasher is 1:1 a scrolling LED needs to be on for much longer than it's off (e.g. 3:1). The UK configurator requires the relay change if you're fitting scrolling indicators.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just received this response from a UK dealer:

Hi there
Thank you for your interest, unfortunately nobody have them at the moment and we do not have any dates to follow sorry
Regards

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just received this response from a UK dealer:

Hi there
Thank you for your interest, unfortunately nobody have them at the moment and we do not have any dates to follow sorry
Regards
Bummer. Not that I HAVE to have them now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts