Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!! Have bit of problem here!!! Changed dials because of a mile vs. km conversion. Here in Finland we have kms...So. Now I have KOSO working other than that blinking part:mad:. It shows light in dial and its on continuosly, not flashing. I mean when I try blink...Indictors do nothing. I have new LEDs in both ends. Burnt few bulbs and even LED flasher relay which I also tried on. When I put originals on they work ok-ish. Other side blinks ok, other go little bit faster...:p. I probably need some rectifiers or resistors or....or new brains:confused:. HELP!!!
Dr. D'Ecosse??? Anybody???

·
Super Moderator
22,199 Posts
You should add your year/model to your profile - what do you have?
Also, can you clarify please - did you install new LED turn signals at same time as the RX1n?

The connections to the RX1n are simple - just connect the Green/Red and Green/White to the Orange & Blue respectively. You need to be careful though - on the Triumphs they use Green/Red for the Left Turn Signal - but there is another Green/Red which is ignition power at the Instrument cluster! So make sure you have the correct one.

If you used LED turn signals, problem most likley will be that the relay being used will not drive the low current LEDs. You can test this by temporarily simply connecting up the old Bulb type in parallel with the new LEDs and see if that works - if it does, you need a better relay - look for one designated CF13GL-02 - I know you can get this on EBay UK or Germany.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-FLASHER-F...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item587f98864c

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, good man you:). Sorry I forgot that - its 2000 model, Daytona 955i. And yes, that wiring was bit of a strange but presumably I got it right:p. I wouldnt work nowhere near correct if it was wrong, right? And I already tried LED flasher relay - it just smoked away...:eek:. I have try that old/new parallel thing and see what happen. This LED conversion seems to be a rather common problem, I havent found simple solution anywhere:confused:. And just have to change those horrible beacons;).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well well well....you may be right:D. And you are saying that ebay link shows the right one???? At least the one I burnt was different pole-wise....Thanks again and if you just confirm me about that ebay relay....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Voe Rähmä!!!! It works!!!!! Just blinked my heart out:D. Just need to get the whole thing together....I cannot thank you enough. Went through millions discussions and nothing....Actually I knew you'd know....Have a good summer, weathers getting better here too:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.