Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help. 2006 sprint st, want to replace the Bella indicator relay with an LED unit that works. Can anyone help with a site where I can get one and the part number I should look for? Cheers in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the one I used on my '06 Sprint:

3 pin CF13 JL-02 EP34 DC 12V LED Flasher Relay
Actually, you need the *GL* not *JL*

The JL has polarity terminals reversed for Japanese bikes
You can make the JL work, but need to swap around the terminals in the socket - better just getting correct one to begin with
Thanks guys I get both, certainly one step closer than I was before.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
The JL version as noted by D"Ecosse has the power and ground terminals reversed. Would need to change the terminals in the plug to operate properly. No need to with the proper GL version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You can make the JL work, but need to swap around the terminals in the socket - better just getting correct one to begin with

3 pin CF13 JL-02 EP34 DC 12V LED Flasher Relay

Thanks guys I get both, certainly one step closer than I was before.
Thanks guys I get both,,,
You really don't need to buy both, I can assure it is DEFINITELY the GL version that is plug n play
The JL version as noted by D"Ecosse has the power and ground terminals reversed. Would need to change the terminals in the plug to operate properly. No need to with the proper GL version.
Hi guys, the GL and the JL arrived. The GL works but only for the front indicator LEDs. The rear ones don’t flash at all with the GL or the JL. I’ve got two sets of the ‘Audi’ style rear led indicators (the ones that move from left to right), neither sets work with either relay. Any ideas on what’s causing this to happen?
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Don't use the JL at all.

Check the polarity of your rear LEDs - they may be reversed - touch the leads to the battery terminals to determine which is the positive and wire accordingly (you can't hurt them by connecting wrong way to battery, they will only work when the polarity is correct
So you say Champ87 is situs invertus!!

Fred

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Evening gents, got the GL to work for all indicators now, I was being thick with the wiring!!!! Fronts work great, flash rate spot on, the only problem I now have is that the rear leds only go half way across the bar (they are the ones that go from left to right). Confusing the hell out of me. Is there a resistor in the line between relay and rear indicators or something else that would affect them? When I put the leds direct to battery they do go all the way across. Heeellllpppp!!!

·
Super Moderator
21,183 Posts
... Is there a resistor in the line between relay and rear indicators or something else that would affect them? When I put the leds direct to battery they do go all the way across. Heeellllpppp!!!
Not in OEM wiring - the front & rear signals are directly tied to each other on the respective sides and come directly from the left/right switch and of course negative wires would ultimately be connected directly to the battery negative (do make sure you are using the OEM negative wire and NOT the subframe as a 'ground')

Looking back to original post, you mention
want to replace the Bella indicator relay with an LED unit that works ....
What do you mean by "Bella" - was this a BellaCorse device? They are supposed to work with LEDs .............

1 - 14 of 14 Posts