Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
most will know that since my accident last year I have been fighting "Bad Knees" which have reach the point that in the last month I could only ride the bike for 20mins before I had to "call it a day".

Well, today I bought a 2k7 FJR as it over comes the "knee" issue. The test ride was for 90mins up in the hills and no pain what so-ever, it only has 1200 klms on her with lots of aftermarket goodies and I only paid $16K all up (RRP $23,500 + ORC)

I will miss my ST, it is without a doubt the best and most enjoyable bike I have ever owned and is just so "DAMM SEXY IN RED"

The FJR is a great, powerful, comfortable, good looking bike, more like a 30+ women in good shape but the ST was the "Hot 21 yr old Red Head that is every teenaged boys dream (wet) about.LOL

As a tourer the FJR offers more than the ST but , (there are always "buts") I will miss her and trust when I sell her it will go to a good home.

Anyway I'll drop in from time to time and for the Vic riders here I'll be planning the Australia day ride soon so I'll post it up before chirstmas like last year.

Catch ya all on the other side

Cheers
Poddy

·
Registered
446 Posts
G'day Poddy,

Congrats on the new ride... I hope she gives you many miles of pleasure.

Look forward to catching up with you all for the Aust. Day run.... Hopefully no storm this time around!

Cheers, G :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
congrats poddy, i think you will enjoy the FJR. i also think you did good by getting the 07 over an 06 FJR. if you can ride it for 3 times the length you can the sprint it is a slam dunk. enjoy the extra bit of grunt, the adjustable handlebars, and not having to lube a chain. just dont low side it in the twisties :p.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Hi Poddy,
I'm glad you were able to find something that you can ride in comfort.

Don't be shy here K.

Don

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Poddy.....sorry about the knees and that they did not get better, but that is often the case with bone and muscle injuries, at least it has been for me. But it is good that you found a great ride that you can be comfortable on and still terrorize the populace. :D

We expect you to keep in touch.

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
Sorry to hear that your Dicky Knee got you in the end poddy

(Aussie joke)

Glad that you can still get a leg over though. Will it will be a trike next?? :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi All,
most will know that since my accident last year I have been fighting "Bad Knees" which have reach the point that in the last month I could only ride the bike for 20mins before I had to "call it a day".

Well, today I bought a 2k7 FJR as it over comes the "knee" issue. The test ride was for 90mins up in the hills and no pain what so-ever, it only has 1200 klms on her with lots of aftermarket goodies and I only paid $16K all up (RRP $23,500 + ORC)

Cheers
Poddy
I have followed your posts closely, as I have run into some of the same issues that you dealt with -- luckily though not to the same degree. One of your posts recommended to wear thick soled boots. Turns out for me that makes all of the difference in the world. Enjoy the FJR, I hear it's a great bike, and if it allows you to continue ride it's well worth it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Poddy, sorry to hear that the Sprint caused such pain. But happy to hear that the FJR will let you still ride. I look forward to hearing of your impressions of the FJR after you have taken a few trips. And how it compares to the Sprint.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Sorry to hear you have to give up the Sprint Poddy, but very glad you can still ride something else. Enjoy the new ride and hopefully the knees will improve with time.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Enjoy the FJR. In Canada they used to come with a warning on them that said for experienced riders only. I looked at them before I bought my Sprint and still think they are real nice.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Enjoy that Effer, Poddy.!

Nice scoot you have there. Stick your nose in here once and a while - otherwise we'll come and beat cha with a stick..!

Don't rev that big mill too high, now.!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Got a few miles on a FJR and I thought it generated a lot of heat at speeds less than 55-60 mph. It was an 04. Let me know what you think. I know, I know, go fast, but sometimes Officer friendly shows up in Dusty.:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts