Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leave for Alabama Saturday morning 6am sharp!

I'm stoked to see my dad and ride with him for a LONG time.

We'll be headed up from Foley, AL to Birmingham to the Barber motorsports museum the day before Thanksgiving to meet Hivel and possibly his son ( Lovel ) and his wife if they can make it, which i reeeeeealy hope they do!

I just had my RAT patch sewn onto my touring pants and I have a triumph pin and ama pins on my jacket, I might be riding a harley for 7 days but my soul wants to be on a TRIUMPH!

--Kory

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Good for you Kory,
I had my Dad over from NZ for a couple of weeks about two months ago. I get on very well with him and we had a great time together.

My dad only ever went pillion with me once more than thirty years ago, it was a very funny and frightening experience as I cranked the bike over for each bend good old dad leaned the other way with all his might to keep the bike upright!:D:D:D

We laugh about that even now!

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
My Dad got me into riding but he hasnt ridden in years, like 20 years. He took my intruder out once but when I got the Sprint as told him to take it for a toot he wouldnt touch it. Maybe he will try the Bonnie.

I would love to go for a ride with my Dad but he is the only person in the world that seems to be able to fight that riding bug.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
+ One

Kory

Have a great ride, great time and Happy Thanksgiving to you guys for the tail end of the coming week.:D

·
Registered
425 Posts
All of the above, AND a full report on the Harley please. I've never ridden one but assume that to get the mostout of the experience you have to flick a switch in your head to adopt a new mindset. Enjoy!

·
Registered
619 Posts
:eek: Kory, let me add my condolences to you for having to ride a Harley while you are in Dixieland. As the others have posted enjoy your visit, Happy Thanksgiving and you won’t believe the Barber Motorsports museum. Please post pictures as soon as you can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts