Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have fitted the bags. They are a bit smaller than I expected so I have had to go our and purchase another hiking type bag for more space. I somehow don’t think the Triumph one will be sufficient as I need to take along my laptop to the rally as well and there will be the two of us on the bike. Anyway I have taken a 2 liter Coke bottle as a reference for size. Unfortunately you folk across the pond in the USA I am not sure what your equivalent to this would be.

More Photos

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Speedwasher -

Nice looking bags, thanks for posting the pics.

I'm continuing to search for pannier/bracket options for my T100,
it's looking more & more like I might get into some custom fab brackets.
A couple of Triumph bag options for the America/Speedmaster look better to my eye than what's available for the standard Bonnie - I like the compactness of the set that you installed - hopefully they're just large enough for the kind of journey you have in mind.

Also noticed one helluva tool kit in your pics - thinking perhaps I should include something more than a multitool.

Last but not least - browsing through your other fotos, can you give me directions to that beach? :-D

Cheers,

D9

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2006-02-18 10:48, D9 wrote:
Speedwasher -

Nice looking bags, thanks for posting the pics.

I'm continuing to search for pannier/bracket options for my A couple of Triumph bag options for the America/Speedmaster look better to my eye than what's available for the standard Bonnie - I like the compactness of the set that you installed - hopefully they're just large enough for the kind of journey you have in mind.
They really look great on the bike and I am glad I got them in the end. I did not want huge bags to ride around town with sticking out the sides of the bike. I am sure these should fit the Bonnie as well; I would however check it to make sure. The seat yes the standard seat was useless as far as a pillion goes. My wife could only manage short runs before she wanted off. The combo makes it far better for her and now she is quite happy on the back.

As far as the tool kit goes I had the bag so I thought I might as well fill it up with all sorts. Nothing worse than wanting that special spanner when you are in the middle of nowhere. I still have to get a canister of compressed air they did not have when I did my shopping.

Oh and the beach well I can only show you photos sorry but I do enjoy it, makes for a great ride on the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts