Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called the dealership today and we're talking prices on a 2012 Thunderbird Storm.

Any of you guys have Triumph Leather Jackets or if you've heard if they are high quality or not.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I don't but if you read reviews online Triumph gear is often top ranked in every metric. My Triumph boots are the best I've ever owned - totally waterproof, comfortable and warm even in sub zero temps with cotton socks. My Triumph jacket is warm, comfortable and waterproof and in hot weather with all the vents open its as good as my mesh jacket.

If whatever you are looking at has the Triumph logo on it, you are probably going to be very happy with it ... and pay some $$$$ for it too :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Draeger. I haven't read the reviews yet, so I didn't know if the guys at the dealership were just talking it up to get my $ or if they really did have quality stuff. What kind of jacket and boots do you have? How about boots? I was looking at the Ton Up jacket to go with my T-Bird Storm and the Engineer Boots.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Regarding the Ton Up Jacket, if you wear a size L, you can save a little here.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMP-TON-UP-MENS-BLACK-LEATHER-JACKET-BACK-ELBOW-PADS-NWT-LOADED-M1860211-/180805990775#vi-content

I have the now discontinued Triumph Retro Racer Jacket and while I like it, the leather is a bit thin compared to some other quality jackets and the main zipper pulled loose at the bottom. I had to re-sew it. After 20K+ miles of riding, the color faded quite a bit too, although I like the weathered look better than the new look.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I have an old one, charcoal, black..silver. Its the Triple Connection "series"..the leather is quite thick and good armor. I purchased it on ebay for a fraction of the originial cost I'm sure.

cheers

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
I realize this is Thunderbird forum, so the style of jacket likely isn't what you are interested in, but it may speak to the quality of the Triumph product.

I own one of the H2 Sport jackets. It is well made out of what appears to be quality leather. It seems very durable and well constructed and as Dan mentions, the armor seems good. I did upgrade the back armor to one of the SAS-TEC pads, but otherwise, I have no complaints with the quality of the jacket. That isn't really a surprise. There really isn't anything that new or revolutionary with leather motorcycle jackets, and I the Triumph leather jackets are a good value.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I have the Triumph Tritex waterproof boots and they are excellent, as well as the (now discontinued) Sympatex Pantha jacket. That thing is awesome.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
H2ProTec Jacket

Called the dealership today and we're talking prices on a 2012 Thunderbird Storm.

Any of you guys have Triumph Leather Jackets or if you've heard if they are high quality or not.
I ride a Storm and have the H2ProTec jacket from Triumph. I have used it in sleet, rain, and sun and temperatures from 20 to 90. It has proven itself to be the best jacket I have ever owned. Better for the cooler temps but well vented for the warm. Obviously, I'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Check out Vanson Leathers. Quality made in the USA (Triumph and HD all use china made) Stick what ever patch you want on the back

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check out Vanson Leathers. Quality made in the USA (Triumph and HD all use china made) Stick what ever patch you want on the back
Langlitz rules. Undisputed best custom leather money can buy (and you pay dearly for it).

Just opened the shipping package for mine...unreal. The best, is, well...the best.

Vanson is more known for sportier styles and are top notch (though I think some may not be made in the USA any longer...could be wrong).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought a Berwick jacket tuesday and im loving it. was 80 yesterday and while i was riding i was cool enough. Once i was sitting still it got mighty hot, but i had the liner in it still. im waiting on my gloves to come in. all sizes backordered. good ole triumph.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
leatherup.com

I have found I am very happy with my leather gear I bought from these guys. Really good quality for the price = excellent value, and I like their more retro styles. You could buy 2 of these jackets for the price of a Triumph jacket, and still take home some change!

http://www.leatherup.com

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:( I am very disappointed with my Triumph leather jacket. It was bought for me by my wife, so I can't complain too loudly! However, it is poor quality, and very thin. I'd hate to crash in it. I've decided to follow my mantra of "You get what you pay for" and get myself measured up for a Lewis Leathers jacket. It'll probably be the last jacket I ever buy. Watch this space!

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:):):) Just rang Lewis Leathers up (on Good Friday) and there was somebody there! They have taken my order and, once they have my measurements (after the Easter break) they will start to construct my new jacket! So, in 6 weeks time I should be wearing a slice of British biking history. Funnily enough, I had a Lewis Leather jacket back in 1973, and these vintage items are now selling for ludicrous sums of money to, of all people, the Japanese! Strange eh?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have found I am very happy with my leather gear I bought from these guys. Really good quality for the price = excellent value, and I like their more retro styles. You could buy 2 of these jackets for the price of a Triumph jacket, and still take home some change!

http://www.leatherup.com
Same here. Quality and value cannot be beaten. Excellent service, fast shipping. Will definetly buy from them again.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Aaaaugh! I lost an auction for a new Triumph H2Protec Leather Jacket in XL on eBay because auctionsniper.com screwed me up. They haven't made those for over 2 years - they are amazing. It sold for less than $210, which is a STEAL. Dang it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
VIG, what jacket did you get from Lewis Leathers? I've been looking at the Super Phantom and Super Monza. But, I wimped out and bought the Triumph Ton Up jacket. Maybe I'll eventually be able to migrate to a Lewis. I am considering Lewis' Westway Boots.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:) I've gone for the "Star Lightning" jacket. I am an old fogey, and the classic lines suit me well! I am currently dithering over which type of lining to go for. I think red quilted cotton with gold satin sleeves is the one for me! Can't wait! You really cannot go wrong with a Lewis jacket. I had one in the 70's, but a thieving scumbag nicked it in 1990 in the IOM of all places. Major bummer. I won't let this one out of my sight!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts