Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my recent off I've had to send off all my gear as part of my helmet and leathers cover, I can't have it back but they pay me what it was worth to replace minus depreciation (note to self, check the T&Cs on helmet and leathers cover in the future!). Once I get the payout I need to buy all new gear. I previously had a Triumph Harrier jacket for 6 years which I pretty much bought on a whim and was my first proper leather bike jacket. They have been discontinued for years, and it was a fantastic jacket that I'm having trouble finding a replacement that I'm truly happy with.

It had:
- Elbow, shoulder and back armour
- Long sleeved removable thermal liner
- Two outer pockets, 2 inner pockets in the liner and 2 inner pockets in the jacket under the liner
- Closeable air vents: 2 on the upper chest, 2 on the upper arms and 2 on the back
- Understated styling which avoided both the faux-aged retro and the modern power ranger looks that most jackets seem to aiming for and really aren't to my taste

Can anyone recommend me a suitable replacement that isn't a million dollars? I know I'm being picky, but I didn't realise that vents, pockets or back protectors were seemingly so unlikely to be included in the same jacket :( My current favourite is the Furygan Houston Amo II but that doesn't come with a back protector or any air vents, and I'm a sweaty chap at the best of times so airflow is kind of important for me.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Having taken a major hit by a pickup truck, I'm a huge fan of Fox Creek. I had the Grayson jacket and I put armour in it. Very heavy and thick leather. It's like wearing a house. You can vent it but, even so, mid summer riding in temps above 85° can be too hot.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I’m very happy with Dainese Razon. Very protective, removable thermal liner, can pass for a normal jacket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Having taken a major hit by a pickup truck, I'm a huge fan of Fox Creek. I had the Grayson jacket and I put armour in it. Very heavy and thick leather. It's like wearing a house. You can vent it but, even so, mid summer riding in temps above 85° can be too hot.
That said... I'd really like to have a Schott 141 or 641 (I'm a sucker for horsehide). Even so...the 141 has a removable liner and that makes it more versatile.

Vanson now has an AR3, which is armoured, that I'd like to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts