Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my recent off I've had to send off all my gear as part of my helmet and leathers cover, I can't have it back but they pay me what it was worth to replace minus depreciation (note to self, check the T&Cs on helmet and leathers cover in the future!). Once I get the payout I need to buy all new gear. I previously had a Triumph Harrier jacket for 6 years which I pretty much bought on a whim and was my first proper leather bike jacket. They have been discontinued for years, and it was a fantastic jacket that I'm having trouble finding a replacement that I'm truly happy with.

It had:
- Elbow, shoulder and back armour
- Long sleeved removable thermal liner
- Two outer pockets, 2 inner pockets in the liner and 2 inner pockets in the jacket under the liner
- Closeable air vents: 2 on the upper chest, 2 on the upper arms and 2 on the back
- Understated styling which avoided both the faux-aged retro and the modern power ranger looks that most jackets seem to aiming for and really aren't to my taste

Can anyone recommend me a suitable replacement that isn't a million dollars? I know I'm being picky, but I didn't realise that vents, pockets or back protectors were seemingly so unlikely to be included in the same jacket :( My current favourite is the Furygan Houston Amo II but that doesn't come with a back protector or any air vents, and I'm a sweaty chap at the best of times so airflow is kind of important for me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I love the 1st-mfg Defender. Thick leather, all the armor spots you are looking for. Not vented per se, but remove the liner and its pretty OK up to 90F. Looks good and can work into many "images" although 70's kaff is right on point. Best part - priced under $300 - value for the buck if you ask me.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/first-manufacturing-defender-jacket

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Having taken a major hit by a pickup truck, I'm a huge fan of Fox Creek. I had the Grayson jacket and I put armour in it. Very heavy and thick leather. It's like wearing a house. You can vent it but, even so, mid summer riding in temps above 85° can be too hot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’m very happy with Dainese Razon. Very protective, removable thermal liner, can pass for a normal jacket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Having taken a major hit by a pickup truck, I'm a huge fan of Fox Creek. I had the Grayson jacket and I put armour in it. Very heavy and thick leather. It's like wearing a house. You can vent it but, even so, mid summer riding in temps above 85° can be too hot.
That said... I'd really like to have a Schott 141 or 641 (I'm a sucker for horsehide). Even so...the 141 has a removable liner and that makes it more versatile.

Vanson now has an AR3, which is armoured, that I'd like to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts