Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
68 t100 c with Amal concentric carb. Everyonce in a while fuel gushes out of the pinhole on the carb right next to the tikler. If i turn off the fuel then turn it back on it stops.

Also, should I turn both fuel lines coming from tank on or do I run with just 1 open. Please bear with me, as I am learning as I go

Thanks

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Sounds like a float sticking. Might be a bit of dirt in the needle. If you pull the bowl to look, check the screen for debris also. I don't know about how many petcocks should be open for a single carb. I imagine one should suffice. The tanks set up with a reserve tube only have that provision on one side so the carbs would only get fed by the petcock switched to reserve when fuel level was low.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Im going to take the carb apart today and clean. Now that I think of it, it totally makes sense that one of those fuel taps would be a reserve. Thanks again!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Reserve???

My '77 Bonneville the left is the main, right is reserve. On my '78 Bonneville it is just the opposite. My suggestion is to determine which is the reserve, you can do this by opening one tap with the other closed. when fuel stops flowing, open the other tap. If fuel flows, that is reserve. If not, refill tank, and repete procedure with first tap closed, other open.
An alternate method is to remove petcocks, see which has brass tube (main) and reassemble. Be sure to use new sealing washers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts