Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally have the T140 running well. Good throttle response and the 2 into 1 exhaust sounds incredible. Can't ride yet because the left carb is spewing fuel from the little drilled hole in the side of the boss that holds the tickler. The right carb stays high and dry. I've had that carb apart twice and the float setting is right on and the same as the other carb. I trimmed the bowl gasket to clear the float, just in case. The tickler on the leaky carb protrudes above the top off the boss 5 or 6mm higher than the left/dry carb. The weather here has been good for riding most days and I can't wait to ride the bike up and down the canyons around Salt Lake City. It's been 2 yrs. in the making.
Thanks gang.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I had the same problem with a pair of brand new Amals. The seams on the floats were sloppy and stuck out too far. They got caught on something inside--perhaps the float bowl itself. I ended up using the floats from my old carbs and have had no carb leaks in the 20 years since.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
You may have missed a another bit where the gasket is fouling the float.

Or the tickler pin may be sticking down too far and holding the float down.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Check the tickler spring. I have just had the same issue..............turned out ticker spring had broken.
This lets the the tickler pin drop down and depres the float, leading to the flooding.
If you have the aluminium button extended tickler, itis a case of pulling the aluminium part off with pliers to release the spring and tickler pin.

Good luck.

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts