Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Layed her down... Need a parts source

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  peeti 
#1 ·
So I got a bit cocky in a cold parking lot and managed to lay down my 2006 Sprint at about 15 mph. Happened so fast all I had time to think was, "Hey, why is the bike over there?" and "That scraping sound can't be good." Did no real damage to myself. Fortunately I was wearing full protective gear and have full coverage from State Farm.

The issue now is that I'm going to wind up having to replace every piece of fiberglass on the right side, the right-side luggage case, the tail cowl, the brake pedal, and probably a score of other items I haven't even identified yet.

I know you guys are the source of all wisdom Triumph-related, so before spending hours searching the web, I'm hoping someone out there will be able to offer me a couple of sources for discount Triumph parts. Preferably websites that offer parts microfiche and shipping in the states.

Thanks in advance! And remember, those painted lines on the asphalt are slick even after the asphalt is dry...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
hey mladd,
sorry to here about your off. Bummer for sure. If you have full coverage insurance then I'd reccomend calling them and let them handle it. If they want to total it out because of the damage buy it back from them and then fix it.

I know I searched and searched for fairings for my 99 ST and couldn't find anything cheap new. However Ebay is a wonderful resource as is craigslist. Another thought is to check into repairing them.

Good luck on your journey
Tom

#5 · (Edited)
Cutting a long story short. The term mph means, you are a long away from my location in Australia? I have Right hand late 07 sprint fairing and a Cockpit panel? Albiet resprayed / fixed. No decal damage. Repairing not an option? A little spray putty and paint is cheap, even if there is a crack or two in them?

Panels are expensive here in Aus new. A cockpit panel new is in excess of AUD $1190.00, RH fairing above AUD $980.00. Chrome stike AUD $94.00 with with the O ring gromets and push clips. Mine are on offer for AUD $1100.00 here? But paint and repairs are cheap, so basically unless someone actually trashes their panels and sees my add I'm stuck with them.

Good luck with finding the parts.

I know a guy that fitted late 07 RH fairings to his 06 mdl. Subtle difference yes, but the left and right panels aren't a mirror image of each other anyway, no one noticed.

#7 ·
That'll buff right out!

Seriously though - this looks way too familiar to me right now. Similar quantity of damage - fwiw - cost to replace right side panel, trim piece, blinker cover on front right mirror and various bobbles and bits - $1600US. In Chicago area. All covered by Allstate.

You can probably find a fairing on ebay - in fact there was a blue one floating about recently. What else is trashed?

Or, pay the deductible and go all in with state farm. Sorry bud and welcome to the forum anyhow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.