Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have a 2009 50th anniversay edition, with a few upgrades that allow the bike to be returned to stock should the need arise.

MODERATOR NOTE: these posts were moved from a different thread, into a thread in their own right, because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Prop.

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
I like the short shocks too, Xchop. Have you tried dropping the front end about 10mm as well? This is the way mine was set up by Jeff at South Bay Triumph and it handles pert' near to a dream. Next I will add their fork brace and I'll be ready to try wearing out those peg feelers.

As far as the fenders go,there is this:

http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc136.htm

but I like the stock fender too.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, I hadn't planned to lower the forks. With stock rear shocks, the rear sits higher than the front and I feel lowering it an inch in the rear makes the bike sit more level and brings the rear tire up closer to the fender where I feel it looks better. I'm happy with the way it handles now and have ridden it as aggressively as I intend to without any issues. I am making very few, subtle changes that can easily be returned to stock. As you know, it's a special, limited production motorcycle and I don't want to mess with it's collectors appeal or value. Re-installing the stock shocks, mufflers, chain guard and seat only takes a few minutes and would return it to original. I just had the seat made yesterday by Corbin in Hollister, Ca. They're only an hour and fifteen minutes south of here so I rode down there and back (on my Rocket III ;)). It sure is a lot more comfortable than the stock seat!

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Wow! You have to give this its own thread. That looks great! I've been holding off on the seat as I don't know if I want saddle bags and if I don't have bags, I'll need the rear for a tail bag or rack. But that Corbin - They sure did a nice color match. Fantastic!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But that Corbin - They sure did a nice color match. Fantastic!
Thanks. I actually supplied the orange vinyl for the tail section. The oranges they had didn't quite match although the darker orange they have is close. Just a little too red, but close. If you order one, either supply your own orange vinyl (or leather, the black part is Corbin supplied leather), or choose the darker orange. They refer to the lighter orange they have as KTM orange. I figure it's a good value for $369.00.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Absolutely Beautiful!

Great job Xchoppers. That is a gorgeous Bonnie. Is the seat height of the Corbin lower than a stock seat? I really like the look of the seat and have that on my list of "one of these days".

Pops

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks "Pops". :)
I actually think it's a little taller than a stock seat 'cause it's thicker.
I installed 1" shorter shocks though so the seat isn't any taller now than the stock seat was with the stock shocks.
The combination of better riding shocks and a more comfortable seat makes the bike more comfortable for an old guy like me. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Xchop, that truly is a Tangerine Dream! I really love your bike, very tastefully modified!

That seat is just great btw.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Beautiful. You always have great pics of your toys. :D

Had a Corbin on my Bandit - LOVED that seat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts