Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Last ride on Speedy today

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  OKCTriple 
#1 ·
Well, I have been aching to have a bike that I can travel on and soak up the miles. Because I love the Speedy and all of its attributes is why I have decided to purchase the new Tiger. From what I am reading and seeing in the latest mag articles and press releases, it will have many of the attributes of the speedy and the Sprint (a cross between naked and dressed, instead of running around naked it will be like wearing shorts and a tank top :wink: ) so I ordered one yesterday. (Caspian Blue)
Unfortunately I have to give up the Speedy and will miss her tremendously. She is definitely one of the most fun bikes I have ever owned. But I believe the Tiger will still be loads of fun to ride, even though it won't look as killer as the S3. I will still be able to wheelie on demand, have fun in the twisties and then be able to throw on the bags and take off to destinations unknown. And, if my wife actually decides to come along, I can take her in relative comfort.
My decision comes in large part to the specs of the new Tiger. The attributes similar to the S3 are weight, power (motor), frame, brakes, ergonomics, steering geometry, and best of all: tire size (this means I can use the Corsa III's I just purchased for the S3 :-D .
This afternoon will be the last opportunity for me to ride the S3 as I have to drop it off at the dealership for consignment :( . I hope I made the right decision, I won't know until the Tiger arrives in February (ETA).
I do have a Corbin seat with less than 20 miles on it and a set of TORS if anyone is interested. I ordered the off-road exhaust for the Tiger since I could get 15% off of parts with purchase.
I'll post picks when she arrives and give by impression of how she compares.

See ya!

See less See more
#5 ·
Hey Red, go to Corbin's site and check it out, they have serveral pics with it installed on the bike.

http://www.corbin.com/triumph/tspeed6.shtml

Make me a reasonable offer that you believe is a good value to you. I can ship it out first part of this week. Oh, and it is a huge improvement over the stock seat.

#6 ·
On 2006-10-28 08:55, cheapbastard wrote:
man okctriple, can't ya sell that meanstreak? :wink: :-D I hope ya like the tiger as much as ya have speedy, and don't regret yer decision. Congrats on the new scoot!
I hear ya Cheap, but man the Meany is a different bike all together and very fun to cruise arond on when not in a hurry to get anywhere and looks good doing it. It is a bike that definately leads in it's class, a lot like the S3 is a class leader. If it where up to me I would keep all three but my wife said I can only have as many toys that can be stored in the garage. I desperately need a home with three car garage. :wink:

#8 ·
On 2006-10-28 10:32, Catenaccio wrote:
OKCTriple,

Good luck on the Tiger. I've been contemplating a Tiger for essentially the same reasons. I'd be interested in hearing what you discover.
Hey Cat,

I will be posting when I get it and as I put some miles on it. Because I know there are a lot of people cotemplating one but are just not sure. I gave up a bike I really enjoy, so if it does not meet my expectaions I will let you know.

#10 ·
On 2006-10-28 16:00, TonUp wrote:
Congratulations! And please do let us know what you think of your new Tiger after riding it for a while. It looks like a fun bike.

Ton Up! :cool:
I'll do that for sure. I just dropped off the S3 at the dealer to sale on consignment and already there is a guy interested in buying it. I felt like telling him something bad about the bike so he would'nt buy it in case I change my mind.
It really sucked having to ride it to the dealer because it is such an awesome day here today. I ended up riding around on the Speedy for a couple of hours before I finally went to drop it off. It was very hard to walk away, I sure like riding that bike. I am pretty sure the Tiger will have the same affect, at least I am counting on it. :( :) :( :) :( :) :(

[ This message was edited by: OKCTriple on 2006-10-28 16:25 ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.