Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the tubes that connect the airbox to the rocket launchers ar epretty tiny, would bigger ones net any performance gain? and would individual pod filters inside the airbox be any better than the K&n replacement?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The point of the snorkels on the Speed Four airbox is less about ram air, and more to keep the airbox volume the same as that on the TT to minimize tuning changes between the models.

Also, the snorkels look better than just leaving bare holes in the frame spars.

I doubt that changing the diameter of the tubes will have any real effect.

Adding pod filters sounds like a recipe for tuning problems, but you never know till you try. Do it and tell us what happens. :-D

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant the tubes that connect the snorkels to the air box :razz: they seem small in size compared to the snorkels....im under the impression that more air = better as long as you add mroe fuel too haha.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would guess that you would probably get small gains at low speed, but I would think that once the ram air effect kicked in that you would not gain much.

·
Super Moderator
8,922 Posts
The collective wisdom of a few years ago was that the ram air effect was not worth much. There are outlines printed on the exterior of early TT600 airboxes that were perfect templates for cutting big airholes in the airboxes. I know of at least one TT600 that was raced that way. I never did the airbox modification, since I tend to be a top end junkie anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts