Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Just search forum threads for tubeless conversion. Lots of successful examples.
My strategy, have my auto club membership card at the ready and paid up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just search forum threads for tubeless conversion. Lots of successful examples.
My strategy, have my auto club membership card at the ready and paid up.
Yeah, I've seen the conversion options but I don't trust them. If they go, you're in a way worse place than if you had a tube puncture. I'd rather not risk it, personally. Tubes for now.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Lol, no more posting for me after midnight. My first flat was roadside after a 6k mile ride only 100 miles from home. Never changed a tube before. Took 3 hours in the sweltering louisiana sun with every car stopping by to see if their was a decapitated corpse as the bike was laid over.

You're right, flats WILL ruin your day. Still, my vanity keeps me running the spokes.

The new t-120's have tubless spoked rims where the spokes attach to the side of the rim and don't pierce the inside of the rim. Maybe one day...
Yea, riding in the desertsof Southern California and having to replace a tube is soul crushing.
I wasn’t aware the new 120s were tubeless spokes. That’s really nifty.

The other reason I went to the mag is handling, those 17” wheels make the bike much more nimble.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I modified a relatively cheap Harbor Freight lift to work with the factory exhaust.

I also use the front wheel stand others are using. I can strap the bike to the front stand to stabilize it and lift the rear.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought the steel horse fab stand for my wife's mag wheel Bonnie, but it works on my T100 too. Both bikes have stock exhaust. The stand just goes under the swing arm directly below the rear axle.

20200330_160832.jpg 20200330_160932.jpg 20200330_160946.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those of you not using a center stand, how do you do things like lube chain and change oil? I guess oil isn't that big of a deal, just a hassle. Can't use a swing arm stand with factory exhaust (that I can figure). t-214.
I bought a thing called a GRoller you roll the back tire on and spin it and oil the chain AND you can put it in your back pack when you go on long ride. Doesn't solve the oil thing but how much do you have to do that. I would get a low pan from a auto store and use that for oil.

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've only owned 1 streetbike that did not have a centerstand, my previous 2002 Magna. I would use automotive axle stands in my garage, or blocks of wood elswhere. With the bike on the sidestand, I would slide whatever I was using under the footpeg lug, the frame, the swingarm, or the muffler on the right side, whatever was solid enough and that the stand would reach. Then I would rock the bike up onto the right side stand and slide the left side stand under the same point on this side. Of course both stands were the same height. It worked for me for years until I bought a bike lift that would get both wheels off the ground.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought a thing called a GRoller you roll the back tire on and spin it and oil the chain AND you can put it in your back pack when you go on long ride. Doesn't solve the oil thing but how much do you have to do that. I would get a low pan from a auto store and use that for oil.
Just looked those up. Pretty cool idea.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I had looked at the pitbull stand as well and just couldn't see it clearing. That other one, nice! Already received my center stand so moot for me now. :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
I had looked at the pitbull stand as well and just couldn't see it clearing. That other one, nice! Already received my center stand so moot for me now. :)
I'm told by a buddy that Pitbull stand works perfect on AC T100s

You know you don't have to permanently mount the center stand if you just want to use it to work on the bike.

Run to the hardware store and get a couple narrow "jam" nuts and a couple wavy washers.
Use them instead of the included "locking" nuts then the stand is EZ on EZ off cause you don't need the springs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm told by a buddy that Pitbull stand works perfect on AC T100s

You know you don't have to permanently mount the center stand if you just want to use it to work on the bike.

Run to the hardware store and get a couple narrow "jam" nuts and a couple wavy washers.
Use them instead of the included "locking" nuts then the stand is EZ on EZ off cause you don't need the springs.
THanks for the tip! Apparently hardware stores don't have to follow any closure rules, so I might do that!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts