Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got some Kuryakyn switchblades and the standard adapters, but they need some serious spacers and shims or something... Any advice? Do those spacers in the spline adapter set fill the appropriate gaps? Because even with 3 stacked 3/8" washers, the clevis pin is too small, so everything is really loose... Advice?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just did a foot peg upgrade on my heritage, was a PITA I got the stirrup pedals & had to special order the male mount adapters. the forwards were Acutronix & trying to mix match is real fun......But Kuryakyn has it all get their P&A catalog and sift through there, you'll find what you need! I did & it worked out well.

My issue was the forwards with the Mustache style crash bar (recent install & modified to fit) didn't give my feet but about 1 inch of foot peg to rest on also shifting was a little tricky on the down shift as I could barely get my foot in between shifter & crash bar...........imagine that at a stop light, foot gets stuck & ya fall over LOL. so now with the Kuryakyn stirrup boards & male adapter extensions....life is good! hope you find what you need!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up getting M8 5/16" washers, stacked 2 on top, 2 on bottom... PITA to line up, but works easier with just the adapters (add pegs after it's on). I initially tried it 4 on top 0 on bottom, but then the spring didn't return correctly because it was offset. It's still a little wiggly, but not as badly now. I tried finding a sleeve that might take up the slack in the pinholes, but no luck. As long as top and bottom are shimmed, it seems to hold it from wiggling OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts