Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had a little incident with some mud in a curve and ended up breaking the pin off my shifter. I was able to ride the bike home so it was no big deal. I went to my local dealer, Carolina Euro, the following Saturday to order a replacement pin and rubber. As I was leaving, I asked Jason, the owner, how long it would probably take to get the parts. He told me it was usually about a week. Then, he had one of their mechanics go in the back and take the parts off a bike and gave them to me so I wouldn't have to wait.

How's that for service?

·
Registered
191 Posts
That is nice and all.. now if they would just start displaying our beloved Triumphs somewhere other than the back hallway or janitors closet (like their old store) we would have ourselves a decent Triumph representative lol.
Those guys are pretty cool down there but they love their BMW's.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yes! i hate how they have the back room as a "catch all" with the triumphs, urals, and used bikes crammed in there like sardines.

there are usually a bunch of boxes and other stuff sitting around on the floor. i don't like seeing my favorite motorcycle brand being represented in such a poor fashion, especially at such a great dealership. i've really wanted to mention something about it, but i don't wanna be "that guy" telling people how to run their business, especially since they've been so good to me.

just an observation/rant.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow! I didn't know there were other folks from the triad on here.

Yeah, y'all are correct. They do love their BMWs in the front room and their Ducatis in the side room. It would be nice if the Triumphs had a better place besides the back room.

I also wish they would stock more Triumph accessories & clothing, too.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Live in Charlotte but buy all my bikes there and get service there. Worth the 80 mile drive to me. Triumphs in the showroom ??? well, Charlotte dealer does the same thing (Triumphs to the side) Face it, they make most of their $ from BMW. When I find out what my incentive check's gonna be hoping I can buy my third bike from them this spring, trading in the T100 for a Tiger or Sprint. They've always treated me right there (Course the Charlotte folks are OK also, nice to have 2 good Triumph dealers nearby)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Drove up to Myers Triumph in Ashville NC to buy my America last June because Carolina didnt have my bike in stock. I have to say that that little mountain store is proud to be a triumph dealer and it shows. They split their showroom 50/50 with Ducati. Nice people too.

Quote: "I also wish they would stock more Triumph accessories & clothing, too"

I was just in Carolina BMW the other day and they said they just received a large shipment of Triumph clothing.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Great service

I too must applaud this dealer. If there is a good inventory of bikes it should not be a big deal to cannibalize a bike for a short while. It is interesting that the dealer doesn't make a bigger effort to display Triumphs. Triumph's lineup of bikes appeal to all generations while the BMWs have a much more limited client base given the pricing and models. Not a cut at BMWs. My dealer, Engle Motors, has just completed an expansion so they now have divided the enlarged showroom into a BMW side and a Triumph side. I think the readdition of Triumphs makes the dealer even more viable. Not they need it since they have been in business for over 50 years with great service.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I too must applaud this dealer. If there is a good inventory of bikes it should not be a big deal to cannibalize a bike for a short while. It is interesting that the dealer doesn't make a bigger effort to display Triumphs. Triumph's lineup of bikes appeal to all generations while the BMWs have a much more limited client base given the pricing and models. Not a cut at BMWs. My dealer, Engle Motors, has just completed an expansion so they now have divided the enlarged showroom into a BMW side and a Triumph side. I think the readdition of Triumphs makes the dealer even more viable. Not they need it since they have been in business for over 50 years with great service.
BMW Motorrad sold 101,685 motorcycles in 2008, Latest number I could find for Triumph was 34,000 in 2006. I'm pretty sure BMW sells a lot more bikes than Triumph and gawd knows I'd bet theres a LOT more profit in selling a Beemer than a Triumph. Also used to be BMW-North America was pretty adamant that their bikes be either the Premier brand sold by dealer or the only brand sold by dealer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
104 Posts
so i went down to talk to jason today, and the triumph showroom is looking great! everything has been rearranged, and they have a bunch of merchandise and clothing displayed with reportedly more on the way. i was very happy to see everything looking so spanking.

·
Registered
401 Posts
+1 for Kudos on the Greensboro Dealership. If I'd have bought new, I'd have bought there.

I'm ok with the Triumphs being in the back...let the golden-child (BMW) and the high-maintenance child (Duc's) have first billing...we know what were about.

Headed down from Hickory to Greensboro to grab an extra helmet for my ride. Will leave Hickory Friday around noon.

Anyone up for a ride Saturday?

-simpson

Tri-RAT group would be interesting to me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
+1 from the Pinehurst/So Pines area interested in a Tri-RAT. Unfortunately, I am out of town this weekend. Please post again if another ride is scheduled.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was thinking of asking Jason if he would sponsor a Tri-Rat pack.

I keep you guys posted!

I'm due for my 500mi service and broke, so no ride for me:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts