Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Chaps,

I just received my Triumph tank guard but I'm also after something for the sides of the tank ( pref transparent ) to protect it from my leathers. Any ideas??

·
Banned
798 Posts
ExPat,

Try this site. I've been meaning to get a set of their universal grips for my S3. I've seen them on other bikes at the track and it seems to work well.

StompGripTractionPads

·
Registered
979 Posts
Can remember someone else getting the Clear Alternatives panels but can't remember who.I guess type in clear alternatives and see what happens. :hammer:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have used the StompGrip pads before on my R6 and they worked wonderfully. At the track they help hold you tightly on the bike which gave me more confidence and on the street they even let you use your legs and torso to support your weight rather than your arms and wrists...it's a nice change on a R6. Only problem with them was that the adhesive wasn't all that good and the pads tended to slide a little over time with the constant pressure of your knees. They also peel at the edges. However, they are cheap to replace and peel back of fairly easily. I would reccomend them.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I had a car-oriented shop apply a single piece of 3M clear film that covers the back and sides (knee areas) of the tank. It's very nearly invisible and is more resistant to scuffs than the paint, so I'm very happy with it. Since it was a custom job, it cost me $100.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Let's see...checking out recent posts....Ahh, knee protectors...hmmmm sounds like knee pads, that'd be funny if I could find a humorous looking set of knee pads...and post it....Oh krap, what's this!? Look at this guy! and he's wearing the new AlpineStars SuperRe-tard suit!!!

This guy is almost worse than some of the Triumph models on the website!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
On 2006-12-03 17:55, kwajazz wrote:

Hey R100, when did you shave off the facial hair?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts