Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this wheels here in this forum and I am thinking about ordering them.

They have few options to choose and I have no idea what is what.

Bonneville/T100/Steve McQueen SE/Scrambler - FRONT 19 / REAR 17

• FRONT 250 X 19 - Mechanical speedometer connection + 78€
Variant:
• FRONT 375 X 17 + 316€ - Mechanical speedometer connection + 78€

• REAR 425 X 17
Variant:
• REAR 450 X 17 + 560€ (New!custom size)
• REAR 550 X 17 + 21€

They have 19 and 17 inch front wheels. What difference will it make to put 17 inch in T100?
And They have 3 different sizes for the rear wheels. How are these 425, 450 and 550 different?

Can someone explain? I never changed wheels before so I have no idea what theses numbers mean.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh, There are two more options in front wheel.
1. speedometer connection option or not
2. standard or predisposition for dual disc brakes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh, There are two more options in front wheel.
1. speedometer connection option or not
2. standard or predisposition for dual disc brakes.
1. If dont run a speedo cable you don't require speedo connection
2.standard brake is for single disc application,you can still convert your wheel to dual disc rotor if required in the future.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. If dont run a speedo cable you don't require speedo connection
2.standard brake is for single disc application,you can still convert your wheel to dual disc rotor if required in the future.
Thank you.
What about the size of wheels?
What are those numbers mean?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
The figure before the 'x' is the width on the front wheel it looks like you only get one choice on width for each wheel diameter so the choice will probably be based more on required diameter than width (it would for me anyway as I'd be looking at 17" for my Thruxton), on the rear it depends on what width tyre you are expecting to run, I'd be looking to run as wide as possible (160 I think or possibly 170) so it would be the 550 rim.

Oh, the figure is in inches without a decimal point, put the point in 2 figures from the right and you have your size - 375 = 3.75"

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
If you run a 17 front on your Bonnie you will dramaticaly speed up steering and the bike will be very twitchy. You can run 160 on a 4.5 or 5 in rim no problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you run a 17 front on your Bonnie you will dramaticaly speed up steering and the bike will be very twitchy. You can run 160 on a 4.5 or 5 in rim no problem.
I actually have the 17X3.5 front & 17X4.25 rear kineo wheels on my bike .I run a 120/70r17 front tyre,rear tyre is a 160/60r17.
As far as being twitchy i did'nt find it a issue at all & the thruxton
geometery is a little more aggressive than the bonnie.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I actually have the 17X3.5 front & 17X4.25 rear kineo wheels on my bike .I run a 120/70r17 front tyre,rear tyre is a 160/60r17.
As far as being twitchy i did'nt find it a issue at all & the thruxton
geometery is a little more aggressive than the bonnie.
Yes it is but the thrux and Bonnie have different yokes, you only dropped the front one inch and he would be dropping his two by going with a 17 in front. How do you like them ? I am ether going with them or relacing to Sun rims in 17x3.5 front 17x4.5 rear

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes it is but the thrux and Bonnie have different yokes, you only dropped the front one inch and he would be dropping his two by going with a 17 in front. How do you like them ? I am ether going with them or relacing to Sun rims in 17x3.5 front 17x4.5 rear
Hi
I am really pleased with my kineo wheels,but I still think his geometry won't be any more aggressive than my set up. The trail is 10 mm more than the thruxton with standard wheels

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
If you go from a 18 to 17 (Thruxton) you drop the front by 1/2", from 19 to 17 (Bonneville) the front drops 1". The Thruxton already has steeper geometry than Bonneville due to the higher rear end, don't know how different the yokes are but they will only differ in offset not rake. Anybody know the offset values for the yokes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts