Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Mates,
I have recently had a serious and major surgery that has forced me to curtail riding for at last a year, I have opted at age 72 to sell my Street twin. luckily my best friend stepped up and bought it, so I will still have visiting rights, and I will be his mechanic.
I'll miss the banter and even some of the "heated" discussion, but for the most part I think we fought nice.
Just before I became ill I purchased a Raisch cam and PCV stage 4+ map. The week it came I got sick, For now I'm going to hang onto it in case the new owner wants to purchase it after riding the bike a while.
But if not I will make a killer deal and post it here on the classifieds.

Thanks for the experience, I'll be lurking about,
RHB

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Get yourself a PS4 and some good racing games. Might help with the withdrawal.
Good luck and heal well. Hopefully the San Migs are still allowed
Cheers

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Jon

We hope you will still continue on Forum if you are able. If not it has been a pleasure to discuss some of the finer points of motorcycles with you.

Wish you the best of health.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Good luck with the recovery, I hope you’re back to normal soon. It would help me to know that my bike was in good hands, hopefully that eases your situation a bit.
Get well!

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is what I tell people in my motorcycle group "You should ride every chance you get because one of these days you won't be able to ride and will probably say man I wished I rode more when I had the chance" I ride everyday rain or shine to work and on weekends I ride at least 300 miles to different places in Florida. I actually feel depressed when I can't ride. I hope by God's grace he reaches down and gives you the strength to ride again.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Hope your recovery goes well and that you find yourself with the urge to ride again. Thanks for sharing your insights, enjoyed reading your posts.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. No beer allowed Davey, I'm going to be lurking and helping as I can here, but no more posts from me and my old bike.
Actually I will be pretty happy just helping my friend keep my old bike in good shape, he will make it his own of course, and i can help him spend his money.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Always enjoyed your posts and have affinity with Philippines from travels there as a young man in '82. I got a kick out of imagining riding a Triumph in the PI and thanks for sharing (it's hard to use that phrase unironically). Best wishes, hope you heal well and ride again.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Mates,

I have recently had a serious and major surgery that has forced me to curtail riding for at last a year, I have opted at age 72 to sell my Street twin. luckily my best friend stepped up and bought it, so I will still have visiting rights, and I will be his mechanic.

I'll miss the banter and even some of the "heated" discussion, but for the most part I think we fought nice.

Just before I became ill I purchased a Raisch cam and PCV stage 4+ map. The week it came I got sick, For now I'm going to hang onto it in case the new owner wants to purchase it after riding the bike a while.

RHB

Jump back on as soon as you can... it’s good for the soul.

2017 T100- LSL Flat Tracker handlebars, Booster Plug, STS (Smart Turn System)auto turn signal cancelation, Modified comfort seat with Supracor, Chrome Grab Rail, Triumph Barrel Style Hand Grips, Aluminum Oil Filler Cap, Cibie 82240 Light unit, Triumph Center Stand

·
Registered
455 Posts
RHB,
Thanks for sharing so many excellent posts, I've enjoyed them all.
Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery, and hopefully one day you can again swing a leg over a Triumph.
Good luck.
GEB

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm almost 73. I had serious surgery which stopped me from riding my BMW R9T and my Triumph Scrambler. I couldn't throw my leg over the saddle . . . so I bought a Bobber Black. :grin2:

Hope you get better soon.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm almost 73. I had serious surgery which stopped me from riding my BMW R9T and my Triumph Scrambler. I couldn't throw my leg over the saddle . . . so I bought a Bobber Black. :grin2:

Hope you get better soon.
Thanks for the encouragement, if I had relaxed good roads with sane drivers and sparse traffic as a choice I would get back on, but here in the Phils, it is insane. I had to actually sell my bike to cover medical expenses, or it would probably still sit there beckoning to me. Time will tell.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry to hear. I wish you the best and hope you are back in the saddle soon. Back in 2011 I had a serious injury and didn't know if I would ever ride again. I used my want to ride again as an impetus for recovery and rehab and it worked for me. Don't discount the power of your mind in getting better.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Hi Mates,

RHB
Ok, first up sorry to hear the news about the surgery, secondly ur a good guy (for a grumpy ol' bugger), third..whatever you choose to do may it work for you.. and last of all - Raisch!!! really????!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts