Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the rocket for a couple of weeks now and started to some serious kidney rattle. I'm assuming the much talked about rear suspenion can only be adjusted to an even firmer setting? Currently position 1.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Had the rocket for a couple of weeks now and started to some serious kidney rattle. I'm assuming the much talked about rear suspenion can only be adjusted to an even firmer setting? Currently position 1.
The only solution is to install better rear shocks. I replaced mine with Progressive 440's when I had less than 500 miles. Now my Rocket III rides better than my 2003 Honda Goldwing.

·
Banned
557 Posts
The good news is - you have four other settings to try! Dial it up to 3 and see if you don't start to feel some suspension. Find a friendly road bump and keep adjusting the shock until you can take the bump without bottoming out.

The dealer sent me out on the first setting too, the ride quality will improve without going to aftermarket.

·
Registered
648 Posts
... I'm assuming the much talked about rear suspenion can only be adjusted to an even firmer setting? Currently position 1.
Yes, you are correct. Position 1 is the softest (if you can call any position soft on stock shocks). Adjusting them to other positions will make them firmer. My shocks didn't bottom out, they were too stiff (and I weigh 260). My wife refused to ride on it. Now with the 440's, she loves riding on it :cool:

·
Registered
617 Posts
I only weigh 170, and I stay on 2 most of the time, up to 3 with a heavy load or passenger.

I have considered progressive to lower the bike, but not for ride quality.

Maybe if I changed, I would want to go back and throw rocks at the stock shocks.?!

Different strokes......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts