Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the temps in the 90's today, I has a first with the T-bird. I was out and about and parked on some asphalt for about 20 minutes. When I came back to the bike, the kickstand had sank down into the asphalt by about an inch. It was just about ready to fall over, fortunately I got back to it in time. When I got the bike a few months ago, I immediately noticed the little skinny foot on the kickstand and thought to myself, what the hell was triumph thinking. So I started carrying a 2.5" X 2.5" piece of wood, today I forgot to use it. My 2013 Trophy SE has a nice wide pad for the base, so have my other previous bikes. Anyway, I thought I'd post to see what others are using. Has anyone made anything for the foot of their stand, or know of anything out there that can be attached either with modification or direct bolt on? I know I can always weld something onto it, but that's kind of permanent and I don't think it would look all that great.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
They sell little plastic pads you can carry in your pocket to increase the pad size. I have one with a loop for a Piece of string so you don't have to bend over to pick it up. They are about 1/2" thick and work very well because they are much larger than the foot on most any bike stand. I imagine you can always weld a piece of metal to the bottom of you present stand. One of my bikes I just carry a piece of plywood in my pocket because the stand is a bit too short for my taste and I need something thick.

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
I thought that was only permitted after conspicuously consuming the contents? :D

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
I use a lid from a tin can

Reactions: CharlieS

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I have a little plastic pad stand-thingy (technical term). I also experienced the "Holy crap, it's about to fall!!" moment a few times, and it's not very pleasant...the very shape of the sidestand on my Daytona, with it's pointed shape, just makes matters worse.

·
Banned
83 Posts
I have this plastic pad also purchased from bobs cycle here in St. Paul for $4.99. Most bike places sell similar ones with their logo on them.
bobscycle.com

U.S.M.C. "Semper Fi"
POW-MIA "You Are Not Forgotten"

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
My Tiger leans a bit much when fully loaded, so I have a hockey puck with a string attached. Works great.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Tiger leans a bit much when fully loaded, so I have a hockey puck with a string attached. Works great.
I've had 5 Triumphs throughout the years and I've always thought that all of them leaned too much. I think its a Triumph thing. On my 2013 trophy, I can place a 1.5" thick piece of wood (two 3/4" pieces glued together) and its still not upright enough to fall over the other way. I usually use a 3/4" piece for that bike. A 3/4" piece works well for the T-bird, but I was looking for something to attach permanently to the foot of the stand. The pointy design of the foot makes it easy to sink into asphalt or just about any soft surface. Forget about parking this bike in the grass unless you have something to put under it, same for asphalt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts