Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest way to fix a broken kick pawl?

[ This message was edited by: bbx45lc on 2006-11-21 18:52 ]

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Normandy said
Build it up with weld and grind it to shape.
Nope. Yours is the fastest way, Normandy. Road_dog has the easiest way.

So how's your ankle, bbx45lc? :)

[ This message was edited by: walt on 2006-11-22 00:28 ]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys,

the reason I was asking was because when I was trying to tune the carbs as well as set the hunt mag timing (requiring a lot of kicking) the pedal just fell and did not come back up. I took the outer cover off and everything there seemed to be in place, the spring looked good, so I put it back together. But deeper inside I could feel the pawl trying to catch in something but not succeeding.

beau

·
Premium Member
5,167 Posts
Beau, you should ask in the Classic vintage & veteran forum, there are lots of experts on the older bikes contributing there.

[ This message was edited by: Slinky on 2006-11-28 02:20 ]

·
Registered
55 Posts
i don't know what is the problem with yours but when i got kick prolbs. it was due to the ratchet and pinion gears , worn teeth , also ratchet. pin. bearing was shot. be careful if u try to replace it , mine was a real bear to get out even after heating up casing around bearing but i overheated mine by running a dry trans. and now still working on it kicker works fine but not getting to shift into all gears the old ones can be a pain but sooner or later i should run out of things to fix on my build 67 T120R ................ then again? :mad: .............good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts