Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, caught a flat over the weekend and decided its time to replace these OEM tires anyways.

2013 Bonnie SE with OEM tires at 6200 miles (I have put 4K of those miles on). So my tire choices were

1. Michelin Activ
2. Avon Trailrider
3. Shinko 705
4. Kenda K671 Cruiser Tire

Full disclosure...I WANTED Metzeler Tourance BUT they don't have a front which fits my bonnie SE 17inch wheel. So with that I started researching around and decided to save the dual sport for the next go round and save some money. Amazon Prime got my me Kenda for 140 Prime Shipped and they will be here tomorrow.

From all reviews I have found, folks have achieved 10K plus mileage and surprising enough actually achieved some good traction in the curves. WELL that will ALL be tested.

I plan to have these mounted Thursday/Friday at the latest and I will give continuous updates on post rides.

Sizes purchased 110/70 front and 150/70 rear.

If you have questions or anything specific you would like to know about, let me know!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I like mine, not least because it cost less than $100. It's a good all-weather highway tire. Here it is at just under 10,000 miles:

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update 1

Road about 100 miles and right off the start, it was great. Instant stick... No issues and no warm up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts