Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
Yep, that's the one. The ZR750 bit is the Zephyr. You will need to arrange a vacuum connection for it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong? but I think the Bonneville Tap also fits,

·
Registered
325 Posts
80/81 kawasaki kz750 tap was fitted to my Tbird sports.Bolts on with no mods and Vacuum line just connects to the nearest carb balance nipple.Paid $5 off ebay.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Installed it today, looks the business. One question the vacuum pipe take off looks very close to the airbox, is this an issue, or just shove a pipe on and it'll work (I'm thinking kinked pipe).

Rob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
If you get a problem with a kinked pipe you can get away with lifting the rear of the tank 1/4" or so with a stack of fender washers - did that with mine so I could locate a fuel filter under the back end of the tank - you wouldnt notice I had done it to look at the bike

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just as an aside, there was a lot of tank debris caught up in the extended section of the tap. mainly looked like old paint. I had to replace the fuel pipe to the carb, as the fuel hose is now much longer. I checked the fuel filter at the carb end and it was practically clear. If anyone is interested, the QD fuel connections are from the BMW r1150 adventure.

Cheers

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the vacuum take off on both of my bikes (same tap) is horizontal, not downwards like that.

Installed it today, looks the business. One question the vacuum pipe take off looks very close to the airbox, is this an issue, or just shove a pipe on and it'll work (I'm thinking kinked pipe).

Rob

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the vacuum take off on both of my bikes (same tap) is horizontal, not downwards like that.
there are a few different types that work - the base is the same, just where the fuel outlet go, and where the vacuum line comes in. Seems like I found one that had the fuel line towards the other side, more like how it's routed in stock form on that bike too.... you have to dig through pictures on the internet, get part numbers off of bike bandit....

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I'm hoping that the back half of this 250 ninja fuel tap will get me out of trouble...........$10 plus post and a few days wait to see.............I'll let you know if it works.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
well I'm hoping that the back half of this 250 ninja fuel tap will get me out of trouble...........$10 plus post and a few days wait to see.............I'll let you know if it works.
It might - I still think my solution is easier

did you actually try putting a vacuum line on there and running it?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yep, the pipe was just squashed flat............I'd have to raise the tank 3/4" to get the pipe to bend without squashing (I tried it, and it looked wrong). It is very close to the airbox..................

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
yep, the pipe was just squashed flat............I'd have to raise the tank 3/4" to get the pipe to bend without squashing (I tried it, and it looked wrong). It is very close to the airbox..................

Rob
Ah, I see that now from your pics - hadnt noticed the gap between the tank and the frame when i looked before.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, the tap finally arrived. I stripped the necessary bits off and thankfully they all fit. The tap even came with the vacuum hose. As an aside I've now also got a few spares for the internals of the tap. Pics attached

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts