·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I used a similar filter before. Their real intent is to be used after an initial engine rebuild and/or racing use where you would want to inspect for metal particles EVERY TIME you run the engine. If getting disposable filters is difficult and/or expensive for you, then a rebuildable filter makes sense. Otherwise, you can buy several years worth of disposable oil filters for the cost of one of those.

/M

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
those metal screens DO NOT filter as well as quality conventional filters!!! they flow better though since being less restrictive aka does not filter smaller particles as well! your $$$ + your bike $$$$ + your choice!!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
And what's up with naming yourself one letter off from kandNengineering, the leader in aftermarket filtration? Sounds very Chinese-like to me.

I better call the FTC on my discounted "Samsong" cell phone or email them from my "Dall" computer. :)

/M

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
those metal screens DO NOT filter as well as quality conventional filters!!! they flow better though since being less restrictive aka does not filter smaller particles as well! your $$$ + your bike $$$$ + your choice!!
I don't know any thing about K and P filters, Scotts and PC Flo both claim 35 micron filtration, paper filters claim 50, that's better filtration, not worse.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
independent tests not those of a seller of said product is most reliable. cellulose + synthetic media filters have many different sized openings at random locations for better filtering, again your engine $$$$$

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
independent tests not those of a seller of said product is most reliable. cellulose + synthetic media filters have many different sized openings at random locations for better filtering, again your engine $$$$$
Scott's passes ASTMF316, I believe that has to be verified by an independent lab.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
there are only a few real synthetic group IV + V oils blended today + research shows Ester oils to be the best for high heat seen in motorcycles. there are thousands of esters synthesised from acids + alcohols but only a few are best suited for lubrication, cost of course figures in. always reading + last night read a long article on Esters, it noted the various properties of various combinations + polyolester what redline used is quite costly. cost is always a factor when engineering true synthetic lubricants + when group III highly refined CRUDE oils became legally advertised as "synthetic" things got cloudy as manufacturers tout "synthetic" but the good but cheaper group III oils with little if any PAO or Ester in the blend is what you get. manufactures that will not give you any info generally use the cheaper group III oils, even amsoil has gone that route for most of their blends!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts