Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike was fouling plugs even with b7s plugs and almost died out then i pulled the filters off and then it started to get better and after 2 or 3 miles it went lean. im goin back to the b9s anyone else had a problem with [email protected] filters and what else are you guys using what are the advantagesof velocity stacks and what are some options for other filters.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
K&N filters are usually some of the free'est flowing filters when they are the correct filters for the bike and properly serviced. Almost like having no filters as far as how air flow is affected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
k&n filters

i run a single k&n on my cobb sidedraft kit with a 34mm mikuni .30 pilot jet and a170 main jet....goes like a bat outta hell.....no problem..did you lube the filter first????..let it drain for about a day and then run it????.....also i use ngk b8es plugs....never a problem

·
Registered
970 Posts
K&N 's systematically get bad revues in independant tests. One of the reasons is they are often small in cross sectional area compared to a folded paper filter. They often when new pass items that are too big to flow through paper filters, but because of their small cross sectional area tend to clog quickly. The answer is to have a big airbox and try to fit more than one original type air filter. If you fit two, you immediatly have halved the 'restriction' and doubled the life of you air filtering arrangements. a bigger airbox will also improve air flow as it gives more time for the air to flow through the filter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are new filters and fit the carbs correctly. i have [email protected] filters in my jeep, and my gsxr 750 and have had them in meny other vehicals and loved how it worked in all of them. but they dont work on my triumph. they are clean and froo of dirt i dont get it. anyone wanna trade some stock spin ons for some [email protected] clamp ons

1 - 6 of 6 Posts