Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, some justice! I was riding my other bike (Road King) on a two lane state highway coming out of a 45 zone into a 55 zone. I was behind an SUV pulling a small fishing boat/trailer. There were vehicles behind me. The SUV drifted to the right slightly then signaled right, slowed, and moved onto the shoulder. I slowed and watched him and he did pull all the way off the road and onto the shoulder. So, I started to move left to go around. The SUV suddenly turned left in front of me to make a u-turn. I grabbed the brakes, kept it straight, and kept me eyes up. I locked the rear wheel which of course was squealing. I successfully stopped as the SUV completed its u-turn and proceeded down the road the other way. I was watching the male driver and he didn't even look at me. I pulled over to the right to catch my breath and the cars behind me proceeded around me. I looked back and there was justice - a county sheriff vehicle was turning around with lights running and chasing the SUV down! I turned around and went back, which I don't normally do, but with the cops on the scene I decided it was ok. As I pulled up, I noticed one deputy by the SUV and another walking toward me. She asked "Are you ok?" which I said "yes" and I asked if she need my information or statement, and she said "Nope, we got him, we saw the whole thing!". Sweet!

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
I love instant justice.

The cop called you Sweet?

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
EXACTLY the same thing happened here in Newcastle just a couple of weeks ago.

Old mate lived a pretty mundane existence in an outlying suburb of Newie. He couldn't even afford a car and used to start walking to work hoping someone would pick him up on the way; he always got a lift 'cause he was well known and liked. Well he and missus won the lottery, got a house and she even let him get a small bike to ride to work. Next week a ute pulled the U-turn trick on him and now his future looks pretty bloody ordinary. His pelvis is like a jigsaw puzzle.

Justice? Mmmmm - the courts will crucify the driver if that makes you happy. But I reckon it's punishment enough to live knowing what you've done to a fellow human.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"The cop called you Sweet?"..."I love a happy ending!" - Dear Penthouse...

Oops, sorry, I shouldn't hijack my own thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts