Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently sold my 2006 SV650 I'm dying to find a suitable replacement. I'm totally blown away by how sweet the Striple is to ride. The motor is absolutely heavenly, and the chassis is great. And that sound, oh that sound. The stock suspension is pretty bad, especially given my 220 odd pound body. I think if I do get the ST3 I'd end up with the R version.

Anyone in the US get a good deal on a ST3R? Anyone under $9500?

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
If you can get it at MSRP without a lot of dealer add-ons, you'll be getting a good deal.

(Word to the wise, though: if this veers into another "whadidja pay" thread, it'll get merged with the existing one.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am in the midwest and paid 9100 for mine. Of course that is pretax. Dealers are not really making too many deals for the R models. They are pretty much selling themselves and dealers are actually running out. My dealer which is a decent sized Euro bike only dealer already sold all of the R models they preordered. Now they have to either order new ones or swap with other dealers...which is unlikely since other dealers have no problem selling them.
Fyi, I have found that there is not as much wiggle room on price when buying Euro bikes than there is with Japanese bikes.

Under200

1 - 3 of 3 Posts