Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year to all!!

I've been stalking this forum for the last few months trying to make a decision on a new street bike (have a race prepped CBR1000RR for track duty) ... and thx to all the insight provided here, I just purchased the Thruxton - I pick it up tomorrow :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome and enjoy! Let the mods begin...
:-g

·
Registered
309 Posts
Carbon:

Congrats on your purchase. I've had mine since September and just can't get enough. I have it winterized for a couple of months, but am having fun personalizing the bike to my tastes.

Did you purchase any accessories or mods at the time you bought the bike?

JW

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx, guys ... yeah, I purchased the fly screen, tank pads, tank badge and gators ... planning on exhaust, fender eliminator and rear suspension this winter. I've got about 8K in mods with my CBR so I don't want to go too crazy with this one ... any suggestions on front and rear stands for this bike?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Another brutha from anotha mutha... I too have a CBR1000RR for track duties - "view pics".

You'll love the Thrux once you get used to it. You really got to get new rear shocks asap. You'll only need to dump about 2k in the thrux for a totally fun ride. I did D&D pipes - love 'em, bar end mirrors - a must, Ikon shocks, New Bonnie fender eliminator - real nice, and had the carbs jetted. It's the funnest bike I've had in a real long time.

Enjoy!

Frankie

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ditch the standard airbox too - then the hidden ponies at 6500+ are released and she'll do you great on any track day. I've done 4 so far and loved everyone - especially driving under the 'blades :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny stuff :wink: .... I'll have to post some pics of my blade and the thrux this weekend .... Frankie - any thoughts on going with the Ohlins or Works shocks vs the Ikon (are they worth double)? This bike may see some track action but probably only track days and not until 07 ...

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Welcome aboard!! I think you have bought the most intriguing motorcycle on the market! Stuff legends are made of! Twist the throttle and enjoy.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't know if you have Shucks/Checker auto supply in your area, but they consistently have a basic hydraulic motorcycle jack in the $50 to $100 range (just depending on whether you catch it on a sale weekend or not...but wouldn't worry about that much as they seem to always be having a sale of one kind or another). I have been rebuilding an old Trail 90 this fall and this type of jack has been very valuable not just for making the bike easier to work on, but also for the fact that I can just roll it away into just about any small space when I'm done for the night.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Carbon,

Yeah I thought about the ohlins for sure, but, I knew this bike would be more of a "lake runner" and didn't want to invest the money in the higher end shocks. I tell you though, for the price, the Ikons do really well. I've given a sport bike or two a run for the money on the way to the lake, even past a few. I'll get her out to the track this year for fun and see how they do there. Depends on what you're going to use the bike for really.

Have fun!

Frankie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts