Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Wow. Sharp jacket. A bit nicer than my Carhart Detroit Jacket.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Very cool!
I've been wanting a vintage-cafe-style jacket myself, but couldn't find one that had the armor I wanted (and the couple I did find with armor I didn't really like). This one definitely fits the bill - congrats!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
That's lovely!

Bit spendy, though!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's lovely!

Bit spendy, though!
Yeah it doesn't get much pricier than Belstaff. But I get overheated in most heavy road leather. You pay extra with Belstaff for the premium leather that keeps the thing light but still gives you the protection. And unlike a helmet which you're going to have to replace every 4 or 5 years no matter what, a god jacket can last you the rest of your life. Plus it just looks badass so I said screw it...:D

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Yeah it doesn't get much pricier than Belstaff. But I get overheated in most heavy road leather. You pay extra with Belstaff for the premium leather that keeps the thing light but still gives you the protection. And unlike a helmet which you're going to have to replace every 4 or 5 years no matter what, a god jacket can last you the rest of your life. Plus it just looks badass so I said screw it...:D
If I had the cash, I'd probably do exactly the same...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
$1300 !. Agree that a leather jacket should last for life notwithstanding any change in body shape

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
My problem is that I'm about the same weight that I have been for 20+ years (actually on the slim side), but the weight has...somewhat...re-distributed itself over the years...and unfortunately, some of my great older jackets don't fit me well now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very tidy. I'm liking the length in the arms too. I need something like this as I'm a little on the chimpanzee side when it comes to arm and leg reach compared to my height.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great looking jacket. I'd make sure your tank pad is good enough to cover the area that waist brass button is going too contact your tank though.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 20 of 20 Posts