Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just phoned them to find out how much a new pair of stock 955i 06 tiger hand guards would cost they told me they did not come with hand guards ehh:confused:

·
Registered
667 Posts
My '06 955i came with hand guards... although I can not say for certain whether they were from the factory or a dealer-installed option.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah mine had them

but i dropped it doh! and i smashed the left one they say either it did not come with it or they dont do them any more

·
Registered
391 Posts
I came off my 06 Tiger about 16 months ago and wrecked one handguard, Triumph dealer got me a new one which cost £19. :eek:

If I were you I would go for the BMW R1150GS guards, fit no problem and look soooooo much better.

Andy.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yup, $31.29 from BB...

I have one scratched all to hell as well when I put it down in gravel last November. I too have thought about going to the BMW guards.

·
Registered
351 Posts
:eek: Am I reading this right?! The BMW R1150GS guards are $130 (new) a set?!

·
Registered
297 Posts
So the BMW guards are twice the price of OE Triumph. Do they have the a metal reinforcement to actually protect your hands like Barkbusters?

I look at the hand guards Triumph installs as protection from wind and rain but not trees.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, the hand guards came stock from the factory on the 2006 model Tigers. I have a spare pair of handguards in excellent condition that I am willing to ship for cheap, as I couldn't sleep at night knowing somebody would be willing to get bent over and vaselined for the cost of new guards! Just send me a PM and we will work something out.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi kurgan

hi mate how are you got my self some hand guards from triumph on-line.co.uk they have metal inserts and wrap round the bars should fit a treat only cost £34.95 plus shipping so im ok with that they look real cool will post pictures when i've fitted them

·
Registered
305 Posts
They should look like this when done, and you could cable-tie the remains of the original guard on to give extra wind protection, like I've done, if you aren't too bothered with aesthetics. You just have to cut off the mounting part of the original guard and hey presto!

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice work skidpan

looks interesting but as i only have one whole guard the right one might be a bit tricky cheers anyway

·
Registered
336 Posts
Evil;

Send me your name and address and I'll just ship them to you tomorrow. I will charge you for the cost of shipping, which shouldn't be too much.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Done, Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts