Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Just passed test and I have my 99 TBS all insured and just need a non wintery day to take it out for a spin. Tommorow's forcast looks ok, so hopefully me and the bird will be going out to play.

Ive had the bike 4 months but I have never ridden it other than as a pillion.

Its a 99 model, but registered from new in 00. It has only 1500 miles on the clock and has been sitting in a garage for the last 3 years. All serviced, MOT and ready to role.

Ill post back my thoughts, but you have to love the bike. Its immaculate :)

Grins from ear to ear

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
315 Posts
Happy days :cool: Well done with passing your test. I know you will enjoy your TBS.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dave, congrats on passing your test........now you can have fun, the TBS is a great bike,enjoy it mate!!!

Phil
----------------------------------
Sorry Mate I Didn't See You
----------------------------------

·
Registered
256 Posts
Enjoy and BE SAFE!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Is that Newcastle, England?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
FYI cold tyres are a little slippery so make sure you take it easy at first. After you have ridden for five or tenminutes you should be fine. Although seeing as you don't have much riding experience I doubt you'll be hauling arse.

Find a nice open stretch of road or a parking lot and practice using your brakes both gentel and hard so you aren't surprised by how quickly you stop. The procedure with quick braking is to squeeze them gently so the forks get loaded and then squeeze progressivley harder.

Cheers

[ This message was edited by: TBSstunta on 2006-11-18 11:38 ]

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife and I took the MSF course in August (1st time on a bike for both of us) and she found out the hard way what happens when you fast break too hard. Severe sprained ankle, dislocated knee, fractured ring finger and a sever hematoma (sp?) on her right hand... she was doing 15mph when she hit the brakes and may 5 when it threw her down... I guess the adage of two types of riders... those who have and those who will... she got her's outta the way...

·
Registered
256 Posts
On 2006-11-20 13:18, Alpha wrote:
On 2006-11-18 04:47, JhuFrank wrote:
Is that Newcastle, England?
It certainly is :) , why you a local
In a strange way. I grew up in Newcastle, Oklahoma, USA. LOL

G

·
Dave,

Congratulations on passing your test !!!
The T-Bird Sport is one fine scooter !!!
B safe, B cool & B careful to B on the Bike tomorrow !!!

Frank :chug:

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
My wife and I took the MSF course in August (1st time on a bike for both of us) and she found out the hard way what happens when you fast break too hard. Severe sprained ankle, dislocated knee, fractured ring finger and a sever hematoma (sp?) on her right hand... she was doing 15mph when she hit the brakes and may 5 when it threw her down...
I taught the MSF courses for going on ten years and never EVER[/] saw injuries of that magnitude. During that period I taught at least 100 courses myself and was present for another 300-400 course with both the old RSS and the new BRC programs.

Was she on a cruiser-style bike (footpegs forward) or a standard-style bike (footpegs under the seat)?

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts