Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this is my first post, I have been lurking around here for about a week now. Last saturday i sold my First bike which was an 06 FZ6, I had put 17.5k Safe miles on it and decided it was time to sell. I picked up a Striple on wednesday. I am in love, What a great bike all around, no major beef with it, tonight after work i rode the remaining 12 miles until i hit 300 miles. This break in process has been hard, Ive been trying my hardest to be good and keep to the suggested revs. The salesman told me i dont really need to stick to the 5k limit, and that i shouldnt go over 8k but i figure triumph knows best. Well I now can go to 6k and it makes me grin, What great power and sound this bike has, I can hardly wait until she is broken in. I cant wait to get an exhaust system installed and some new mirrors. Sorry for the rant! I just want to say hello and what a fantastic bike this is!!:cool:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats on the new bike!

Wait until she's broken in and you can get some full throttle runs in. It REALLY wakes up around 8,000RPM and just starts screaming. You'll love it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations.

I know how you feel. I just picked up Wall-e two days ago. Can't wait to get through the break-in too.

My wife just got her license last week and we picked up her Virago yesterday.

So I get to be the patient husband while breaking in my Street.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Congrats! Yeah, the break-in process is long. I'm at almost 500 now - half done. I'll probably change the oil myself. The dealer is too far away and wants too much money.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Of all the scheduled service intervals, I think having the dealer do the first one is the most critical. They should basically do the same thing they did at the initial set-up. That's also your chance to comment about anything you feel is weird, or unsure about. This first service documentation would go a long way towards any future warranty claims.

Neanderthal

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
That's what worries me. The bike was set up like a D675 when I got it (not enough oil, not enough air in the rear tire, too much slack in the chain). Why would I take it back?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Two scenarios here.
I hate to say this, but after reading many, many postings, it DOES appear some Triumph techs have not received up-to-date specs on the Street Triple machine and are using the Daytona manual. I always like to assume the tech is a good person and cares about your bike (until proven otherwise). I think the vast majority of Triumph dealers are trying to operate to a higher standard than your typical Hondayamasuki dealerships do, and want to make you a happy customer. The fact that you bought a Triumph proves that you are willing to pay a little extra to get a little extra. If your dealership treated you nice, then it would be well served for you to take your manual-in-hand, and politely talk to the tech doing the service. It might be a case of the tech just not knowing that the two machines don't share every spec, and he'll get it right. If this is the case - the tech needs to know, and will thank you for the clarification.
The other scenario is not good - if it is indeed a shoddily-run dealership, then seek out another dealer to establish a relationship with. As stated earlier, I think the majority of Triumph dealerships want to make you happy so you'll keep coming back - and spend more money. :)

Neanderthal

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just at the dealer today talking to them about exhaust, Dude was telling me that arrow is the only exhaust system that wont void my warranty. Whats up with that...?

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
I was just at the dealer today talking to them about exhaust, Dude was telling me that arrow is the only exhaust system that wont void my warranty. Whats up with that...?
Triumph made a deal with the Arrow people and provides the exhaust through their dealer network.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yep, the Arrow exhaust products are "official" Triumph accessory parts and are warranted as OEM, and have fuel mapping codes to go along with installation. Pricey, but very well made and look great on the Striple.

Neanderthal

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's easy.

3-into-1.
It weighs less and the mass is down lower, improving the handling of the bike noticeably (Hooray for demo rides!).
In my opinion, it's worth the money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! :)

Hi all,

I was just looking thru the topics and finally wanted to say hello after a week of lurking silently among you.. :D

My name is Murat, I am from Turkey... I can not wipe the stupid smile on my face since I got my new ST3 (wall-e) couple of days ago... :D It's x-mas in August! The registration process is not even finalized yet (applied for custom plates)... just threw on old plates from my other bike and put this baby on the road.. (the dealer is an old friend :D, hope I don't get pulled over just one more day)

My last bike was a Ducati Monster 620 Dark, which I was in love with up until it took the dealer 2 months to get the parts for my transmission repair... But the ST3... I mean the power... the agility... the aesthetics... MAN, I AM HAPPY !! My friends see me like this and tell me just to wait until after the first 1,000 miles to see the real little giant...

Running-in period is a *... I can hardly control myself, and I admit sometimes I can not... Mine has only 100-something miles on it yet but occasionally I rev it up to 8-9K. I know I am not supposed to... :) Especially after I had to pay a whopping $18,600 for it.

Yep, the taxes in Turkey are cruel like that... Missing those days when I used to live in the States...

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, I have never been happier... I wish for everyone safe rides.. (free of all the 4 wheel butchers out there)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Murat,

Mine is called Wall-e too. My wife named it that back in February when we first saw one at a MC show.

I have had mine since May 29. It is a great bike. Enjoy yours and be safe. I am sure there are some great roads in Turkey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts