Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks.

On Tuesday I upgraded from my '05 Daytona 650 to an '09 Daytona 675. While great it has been an odd kind of change. I assumed the 675 would be better in every way but I have to say that after riding it I have a renewed respect for what a great bike the 650 was, too.

Not that there's anything wrong with the 675 mind you - it does what it does and the 650 does what it does but overall I'm thrilled with the look and feel of my 675 and won't be looking back. I can't wait until my Arrow slip-on for the 675 arrives and I get it fitted. The 650 sounds so good with the stainless pipe I'm already dreaming about the sound of that triple with the aftermarket can.

While my older 650 is on the market there's definitely something special about owning two Daytonas and looking at them parked up together. I'm satisfied that that a Triumph is pretty much the best bike you could hope to own and will again be looking at them first when I decide it's time to upgrade.

Anyway, so some shots of my stable:

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Welcome to the new generation Daytona. Once you pass break-in and get to unwind that sweet motor, you won't look back at all...

Congrats on the new bike!

Jeff

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Nice bikes. Sort of cool to see the evolution. Now all you need is a red TT600! The 675 is a bike that does so much right that you take it for granted. The engine and chassis are breath taking. Brakes and suspension are top shelf. But then, it IS a Triumph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh... well my brother was nearly as excited as I was when the 675 arrived, because it mean he could go for a scratch with me on the old bike. So there you go. Mystery solvered. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts