Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Lee, that's a lot of miles. In comparison though Dog has probably 44K in just over 6 months and he's been sort of taking those miles in leisurely I guess. My take on miles is what you get to see while you're riding them. I'm a 18-20K guy and I take a lot of pics along the way. Miles are best used finding your way into places you've never taken time to see. I know you're a high milage guy with the IB thing but do you ever look back and wish you'd smelled the roses along the way? This reply isn't to question your idea of mileage but only to get your opinion on how those miles are spent.
I respect that 12K IB but at what cost?
You're into miles logged but what about the people, sites that you missed along the way? I'm of the impression riding should be about that stuff.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lefty it was playing when I took the photo..lol I have been putting in 12 hour days..so the last three months I have been busy...but I also have been taking the Mrs out on the week ends doing ...believe it or not nice slow rides ....so I have been getting time to take photos and enjoy the scenary...

I had planned on 30 thousand this year and I will see for next year....I may tackle the Artic circle (extreme coast to coast) Key West to Dead Horse Alaska.

Yes I love the social aspect of riding as well. I made many freinds just since I have moved out here. I only started these rides because someone told me I was too old to do them....lol I guess I proved that statement wrong....

Ride I also figured on 30 thousand this year and I am pretty good about doing what I say. FYI I am figuring on 50,000 next year....I like pushing myself and I love a challenge.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bonnie I have and it gives me peace as well. There is a select group of the IBA who do 100,000 miles a year...that is what I am working towards..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts