Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the chart. I'm quite pleased but feel it might be optimistic. Having said that other bikes figures didn't seem particularly over what the owners expected and the operator did say it was one of the best S3 results that he'd seen.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Where's the Trq. numbers? I noticed the chart is in MPH not RPM and that the top HP number stands out at 125 to 130 MPH, How often do you hit those numbers. I love HP but for the street torque is what I like most, off the line and pulling corners. Hey, that's just me.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yep...that looks nice. There a lot of variance between dynos. One time, I took a bike to two dynos in the same day and they read 7 hp different.
I think dynos should be used as a trend instrument.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Answers.
To Bob, The only things I've done to the bike are to remove the SAI, fit a K&N, NGK iridium plugs and install the non-SAI Arrow tune.

To T-595, The run wasn't part of a 'proper' dyno tuning session. Dynojet had a van at a local dealer offering a run for £15. The graph is just the basic power curve and the A/F graph. I think if I sort out the fuelling low down their should be a useful increase.

To Matt, yeah I know about the differences between dynos and conditions on the day. That said, the guy who ran his 748SP trackday bike before me had a reading of 110bhp on his friends dynojet dyno a cople of days before. this one gave him 111.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts