Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the site and just purchased 2010 Street Triple R,black with gold rims, after a year on a ninja 300. The ninja was fun but ts been my dream to ride the striple from the first time I saw it (you could call it love at first sight). Love the aggressive raw look of the pre 12 models and the performance coming off of a smaller bike is blowing my mind right now. Theres a lot I'd like to do with the bike and I'm looking forward to discussions about mods and such (getting speedy moto sliders, gb racing engine covers, rizoma reverse retro bar end mirrors and some oxford heaterz for now), but mostly I'm looking forward to better weather with the upcoming riding season and getting some miles on her.

Cheers,

Motodaddy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome! When I rode regularly, 20 years ago, it was on a Kawasaki GPZ 305, the then-equivalent to your Ninja 300. The sound is identical too. I posted just below you, also a new member, interesting that we're making nearly the identical transition. I'm a Canuck too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As always, welcome to the forum and post some photos! I miss my Street Triple terribly, but looking to get onto a Sprint ST soon. And great call with the GB racing covers, I had those along with their frame sliders. No one ever wants to go down, but it's nice to have a backup plan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Venturaguy, read your post, sounds like a lot of work to get her going but I'm sure you will get out what you put in. i really love the sound of the triple as well, took the bike out today even though there was still a little snow on the road just to hear it purr for a while. Not confident on corners with these icy conditions so I'll wait until things dry out to really see what she can do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parfair, the only pic I have right now is when I loaded it on the trailer last week. Anyhow, i know no one ever means to drop anything but stuff happens and I've seen the aftermath so covers and sliders are a must for me before I do any serious riding. Thanks for the welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the welcome!

Got another chance to take it out today and get her into the power band with now ice to worry about. Heart was racing and big smile on my face. Have no doubt about my purchase now, really happy with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts