Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 09 New Bonneville yesterday. I listed several pics in my albumns for you to check out if you like. I added the knee grips, and dresser bars. I got a good deal on them, but I may still get some stronger bars later as per the forum's suggestions. Also on the future upgrade list is blacked out British Customs exhaust.

Thaniks for the help, and more pics comin in the future.

Walter

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Congrats Walter...do you have a link to the pics?...don't see an album. Can you provide a ride report when time permits?...perhaps a comparison to your V-rod?...riding position...performance, handling etc?
Noticed lots of '09 Bonny purchases including me.
Cheers,
George
Edit: Found your album. A handsome bike. Cool they make the Bonny/Thrux now in a version that should suit everybody.

·
30,523 Posts
Excellent! That is a great bike - very nice. Good name too!

Easy, thanks for the link!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Me, too...

Only I picked mine up 3 weeks ago. I added CRG lane-splitters and a flyscreen, and I have a taillight & turn signals on the way. Looking at adding more forgiving shocks, less demure mufflers and a rear set when finances allow. Here it is next to my husband's 2001 Bonnie. (It took me awhile to get a Bonneville because I didn't want to be a copycat, but reason finally overcame me.)

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
first long(ish) ride

Apologies, I may have misrepresented myself as having more bikes. When I signed up for the forum I was looking at the Bike selection as a Wish List. So, All I have is this beautiful and forgiving girl, Annabelle.
My friend and martial arts instructor took me on a good hour long ride today, after which I rode another hour to get home. Yes, I had left her with my friend initially because he was close to the dealership and I was nervous about crossing the Verrazano bridge on my first trip.
Riding today was great. I am still learning to get smoother in the transitions and I'm keeping away from heavy traffic for the time being.
Thanks for the support and Annabelle thanks you for the praise. She is starting to get her color on her pipes.

All good things,

Walter

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great pics!

Congratulations!

Your pics are the first good look I've seen of the new cast wheel Bonnies. They look great!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everybody!

Yeah, I took a lot of pics, cuz I always wanted to see all angles when I was looking at other bikes. Everybody has their favorite side.
I like the wheels a lot, too. That's why I waited for the 09 to come in. I wanted the wheels and the megaphone exhaust without paying more for aftermarket. I do think I'll go for some black British Customs pipes in a few months. Maybe a year. Black fly screen. . .

Congrat's to you too, Bonnie Babe!

Walt

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mind the Helmets

I see we have an outbreak of that ancient and noble betting game called 'When will my helmet fall off my bike seat, and get scratched?" :)

Seriously tho' guys congrats on the new scoots. I saw my first '09 SE in the flesh today and was seriously impressed. The Blue & White colour scheme that looks a little tepid in the brochures looks vivid and lustrous in real life. Those alloys look really cool, and no darn spokes to rust and skin your knuckles when cleaning. I should get a test ride in two weeks time - can't wait!

One point tho' which is that even though it is an efi bike, there was still a choke knob - weird or what?? Does it actually work, or is it just decorative?

Regards

Andy
(former T100 centennial owner)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great pics of the bikes BonnieBabe, can you tell me what flyscreen (clear one) you have on the bike on the right? The one on the left appears to be a color matched one from Triumph, but I like the look of the clear one.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Badger, did you relocate the front reflectors to the fork stanchions, or did it come that way?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Flyscreen Details

Great pics of the bikes BonnieBabe, can you tell me what flyscreen (clear one) you have on the bike on the right? The one on the left appears to be a color matched one from Triumph, but I like the look of the clear one.
Hi bsherman, the flyscreen is slightly smoky, not perfectly clear. It's the Dart brand which I purchased at newbonneville.com.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
reflectors

Hey Balto,

Nope, she's all stock except for the dresser bars and knee grips.
And Dave's right about the Fast Idle Knob. The Dealer told me I would really only need it if it was extremely cold out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts