Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
765RS 2022
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In July. Silly huh? Like a magazine Christmas special or those shops that start playing carols in October.

First ever new bike, but got my dear old Dads car left to me, so time to replace the 11 675.

The gloss silver looks nice. The garish graphics and red subframe. . . not so much.

But heck, dont look st the Mantlepeice while stoking the fire huh?

Pick it up tomorrow. Its winter here but weekend looks dry!

·
Registered
'22 Speed Twin, '15 D675R
437 Posts
Beautiful, i love it. I kinda wish i had not gotten the matte finish, its a bit of a pain to clean. I think my next one will be a gloss coat. I think the red subframe looks awesome too, I have one on my 675R daytona so I am a bit partial. Enjoy your new weapon!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
So the RS for 2022 gets the red subframe that only the R model got in 2021? Interesting.

Look like it might also have come with LED turn indicators, whereas the R model (maybe the '21 RS as well, don't know) got incandescent ones.

·
Registered
765RS 2022
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my plan is to leave it mainly standard unlike most bikes I've owned.
But been silly busy, just had times for Sunday ride and back in garage.

But we have a snap lockdown in New Zealand atm. Busy working from home but sundays free.
Hairdryer on tank warning stickers - finally.
Reflectors fell off forks somehow. Fingernail and wd40 clean.
Swingarm bobbins for paddock stand.
Battery tender loom.
Rad guard.
Pillion peg removed and battery box holes taped over to limit water splashing in from underneath.
This weekend I'll fit tail Tidy.
Have a puig screen but need to get a paint match for brackets before I put it on.
Then I'll change the bars for the lower bend I had on my 675.

My big win was the expensive Brembo master cylinder mirror mount clamps showed up. Plan is to run the actually practical standard 675 triumph mirrors and sling the bar end ones where they belong (on shelf till I sell the bike in 5-10 years). Bar end mirrors make the bike 4" wider at car mirror height. While I dont commute it makes sliding to front of lights difficult.

My big lose was finding that, instead of being, one RH thread, one LH thread. . . They are both bloody the same! Badword. And the came from Italy. 51 Euro mistake, no point trying to return LH one . Oh well.

We went down a lockdown level so bike went in for its first service. Cant ride it far till next level hopefully next week. Spring just starting and blue skys all week . Boohoo.

Pics when complete.

I also have a Ventura luggage system. Need to drill 4 holes in under tail mudguard. They will get some planel plugs fitted for 99% of the time, but 4 bolts will fit system.

·
Registered
765RS 2022
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
And finally with removable rack.
Tail Tidy.
Mirror brackets arrived & silly bar end mirrors removed & replaced with 675 mirrors. Funny how one man's fashion must have is another's function fail. Bike 4" narrower & I don't have to look down to see behind me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
My big lose was finding that, instead of being, one RH thread, one LH thread. . . They are both bloody the same! Badword. And the came from Italy. 51 Euro mistake, no point trying to return LH one . Oh well
I've only ever known Yamaha to use one RH thread, one LH thread for their mirror mounts. All other brands, in my experience, just use RH thread both sides.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.