Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been scoping all my mods for the new 09 and saw the tridents are WAY down from when I looked last year. If you have been on the fence for a while now, this appears to be a good time to get off that fence.

No telling how long this exchange rate will last :)

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Got mine and not regretted it since.

Regret the lack of available riding time, but not the purchase!:D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wolf, is it possible to get the black part of the cans in a semi gloss black color instead of cf? Or is that out of your hands?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
We have no real way to make them black - we can use carbon or titanium but to do black we would need to get alloy or stainless sleeves made to size - as a one off this could be done but it would add a fair bit to the price and then to make them gloss black you need to powder coat which looks great for a year or so and then starts to go grey - which is why Micron dropped their coloured can range a few years ago because they got so many back after a year that it cost them a fortune!

So I guess it could be done but it would cost more and look worse and weigh a lot more - the Ixil cans for example are almost twice the weight of ours. Plus the heat under the seat would be just as bad - the main reason we have sold so many carbon and only a few titanium (metal like stainless or any other) is that carbon stays nice and cool...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, I avoid cf as much as possible but in this case I'll be going to it I guess :)

Those are the best looking pipes on the market right now, love the triple setup.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I wouldn't worry - if it's a taste thing then you hardly see the carbon anyway and if you're worried about poor quality carbon (which most out there is) then don't be with ours - it's top grade pre-preg and rated to 450 degrees which is over 200 degrees higher than any other brand so it never fades or goes brown and it's as tough as steel!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hey Wolf.
Anywhere I could get more info about the Tridents for Sprint 1050. Are they street legal for Sweden, how loud db, dealer in Sweden?

Cheers
Laz.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They have removable baffles like the ixils? Do they pop out with one screw each? Or are they tougher to get at?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do the standard Tridents come with some type of baffle or just straight exhausts? I bought mine used and they just failed inspection in Europe and I am wondering if I am missing some kind of silencer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They can be ordered from us with or without a legal baffle - obviously the original buyer of yours ordered without the baffle for race use. You can order the baffles direct from us to add to the system at any time to make it road legal
Thanks, Wolf. No wonder I like the sound so much.:D

Now, just to be clear. Yes, I bought them in the US and they were definitely straight pipes with no baffle. Now I am importing the bike into EU and they failed sound test. I still have the stock pipes but would rather not go through the hassle to replace as I don't have a garage to do the work (and I don't want to pay someone else to do it). Are you 100% sure that if I get the baffles that they will pass?

And finally, I have researched this question but seem to get conflicting answers. If the Tridents are mounted without baffles, does it need to have new map? If with baffles, is it okay without new map? I have the Tridents without baffles and without map but I never rode it long enough with stock exhaust to notice any difference. Sorry, but I want to know from the source.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.