Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...to the dark side (I heard you guys have cookies). Just bought myself a matte orange R model, and I have a mile wide grin just sitting here typing about it. First, a little background. A couple of weeks ago, after finishing a weekend trip with my '07 America I was musing out loud that perhaps it was time to sell and upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I've got 17k+ on the cruiser, but I was looking for something with a little more 'zip'. My wife told me that I was not allowed to sell the America, but I was allowed to add to the stable.

Fast forward to this afternoon...

Went by a Ducati/MV Augusta dealer to check out the newest. I didn't like the Monsters, and the 848 crushed the unmentionables. The Sport Classics were cool, but the only one the wife liked at all was the Streetfighter S, and I didn't want to drop that kind of coin on a bike. So on the way home, I ask if we can stop by the local Trumpy dealer, and she agrees to "go to the damn bike place." We walk in, and sitting in front of all the Triumphs is a beautiful Matte Orange Street Triple R. She loves it. I check out some Speedies, but keep coming back to the orange Street. She then tells me that she would rather I buy a Triumph now than a Ducati later (getting ready for my third trip to the sandbox, was going to wait for my return before purchasing a new bike). That's pretty much all she wrote. While I took care of the paperwork she went home and grabbed my jacket and helmet so I could ride "Stella" home. This is my first street bike, and the bar has been set very high. I'm keeping the cruiser for trips with the wife, but the Streety is going to be getting all the attention for a little while.

So yeah. Take your significant other somewhere we're he or she will hate all the other motorcycles, and THEN take them to the Triumph dealer. I should have done this months ago....

JT

·
Registered
26 Posts
Let me guess . . .

NCY in Vista? Or perhaps Rocket Motorcycles?

Welcome to the club. I've always had cruisers also, Yamaha Virago then a HD. Went bikeless for about 10 years before I had to scratch the itch. I got myself the graphite Triple R.

Best scratch I've had in a while. :D

Ride safe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NCY. A very pleasant experience.

JT

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does your wife have any younger sisters? My GF was pissed I bought another bike after a wreck last September. Basically told me I wasn't "allowed" to have another bike, which of course was promptly followed with the purchase of my Graphite R:rolleyes:

It's a great bike, so enjoy it. I grin like a little kid whenever I ride mine too.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts