Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought my first Triumph - 2013 Speed Triple R

In my never-ending quest for the perfect motorcycle, I've landed on this one.
I actually saw the ad for it several months ago but a 2008 Aprilia Tuono Factory with 2K miles derailed my shopping.
A few months later, I see the same bike on Facebook marketplace. It's gorgeous. Meticulously OCD maintained by a senior rider.
It has 32K miles which apparently made it hard to sell.
I couldn't pass it up.
Picked it up today and was able to get a 60 mile ride in.
Ho-Lee-crap!
What an amazing machine.
It reminded me of a lot of a Tuono V4.

It joins the stable which currently includes:
1) Angry wife
2) 2008 Aprilia Tuono Factory
3) 2005 BMW R1100S Boxer Cup Replika
4) 2010 KTM 990 SMT
5) 2008 KTM 690 SMC/Enduro

Anyway. I've gotten a lot out of this forum even prior to my purchase so thanks for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts

It joins the stable which currently includes:
1) Angry wife
2) 2008 Aprilia Tuono Factory
3) 2005 BMW R1100S Boxer Cup Replika
4) 2010 KTM 990 SMT
5) 2008 KTM 690 SMC/Enduro....
That's a very nice list you have there! Although I've never had an angry wife, I did have an angry girlfriend once. But I traded her for another bike. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
That's a very nice list you have there! Although I've never had an angry wife, I did have an angry girlfriend once. But I traded her for another bike. :grin2:
My Starter Wife was the angry one. This one has been quite reasonable for the past 41 years. I'll probably keep her. :wink2:

And that Speedy is a beautiful find, jmardy! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was telling riding buddy about how amazing this thing is, here's how I described it:
It's like the lovechild from a Tuono V4 Factory and Hypermotard 939SP.
:D
Wow I love this thing!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice bike, I like the red and black. Devil bike . I like those boxer cups. How do those ride.? Always kinda wanted one.
Thanks! Here's a better pic:
BCR is nice. Really comfortable, great for long rides, suspension is great after the Ohlins upgrade. Engine a bit feels tractor-like though compared to, well, anything but a Moto Guzzi. I may sell it as I'm really out of room...

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Late 90s-to the last 955 triumph are agricultural sounding, tractor like you are going to cut wheat. Especially with a pipe on it. The seat on the speed is nice and easy upgrade for even more comfort. They are sneaky fast with little effort and no drama when racing the tach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
I know the angry wife syndrome. I use a simple extortion tactic. Every 4-5 bikes i bribe with a car. This is the latest one, ive got an itch for a Aprillia
Or the boxer cup.

Drove to Washington to get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts