Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 98 Thnderbird Sport to add to my collection of bikes. We just got 12" of snow so have not been able to ride it. I have been cleaning it in the garage and it is a real mess. The more I tear it down to more I find things to fix and clean. That is why I bought the bike so that is not a problem. The jug head I bought it form did not keep the owners manual and I am having trouble finding a shop manual.

Do you guys have a line on manuals?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I found a Haynes manual on ebay for around $30. I'm not much of a mechanic and don't understand a lot of the technical stuff but it's pretty easy to understand the basics with this book.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The owners manuals were small compact books with basic operator information and a suggested service schedule.

The service manuals are an expensive, large loose leaf binder type. These are still available from the dealer, although I got a used one of the classified section of this site.

The Haynes manual (#2162) is a cross between the two, and has all the info needed with the exception of basic operation of the bike.
I picked mine up for around $25.

I suggest the Haynes - if you need basic info, everyone here is quite helpful for even the simplest questions. The Haynes also has actual photos, whereas the Triumph service manual consists of line type drawings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may need both the Haynes manual and the shop manual as I love to work on my bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts