Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to the forum but have been lurking for some time. I recently purchased a 2010 Bonneville SE. I love this bike. I have decided for the season not to spend big bucks on exhaust, air box, power commander etc and just want to ride it! When I got it there weren’t even 10,000km on it.
I decided early on that I would get a booster plug. It arrived today and given the videos I have seen and in the installation instructions I read it should have been a very quick swap.
Unfortunately today was also the first day I have lifted the seat since I got it. Instead of hooking it up I found 2 issues.
1- I ordered the wrong model booster plug! Connections I received are oval and The connector on my bike is square!?
2- the Intake air temperature sensor is gone. Not there at all! Jay the female end connector.

Why would the previous owner remove the intake air temperature sensor?
No check engine lights and runs really well.
Does anyone have the proper part number for the sensor for a 2010?
Should I immediately replace the sensor?

The booster plug is already headed back for exchange but I am curious why the sensor may have been removed, if it causes issues and if I need it?
thanks from the new guy,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so follow up, sensor is there but not connected to anything. See pic.
Where is this supposed to connect?
There is no male connector that I can find anywhere. Any ideas where I should look?

·
Registered
66 Posts
intake air temp sensor is located in the RHS of the air box below the fuse box and next to the rear brake master, if it was not connected the Mil light would be on, my 13 T100 has the same plug under the tank I think it a left over from the carby model

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, found the sensor thanks.
What I am actually looking for is where the intake air temp sensor connectors clips together somewhere around the battery box?? I wanted to install a Booster Plug but the square grey connector in the pic is the only thing I can find?? Is that the same one you have still around?

·
Registered
458 Posts
The grey plug is for a charcoal canister on Californian bikes. Apart from the plug on the actual air temperature sensor itself there is nothing else, the wiring comes straight from the loom.

·
Registered
66 Posts

the top photo shows the sensor plugged into the main harness which is also a part of the fuse box loom and gbox speed sensor, the second on show the plug disconnected from the sensor, the red tape is on the gbox speed loom, the main loom heads toward the centerline of the bike and fwd underneath the RH throttle body

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man I am a dummy. I was using the wrong instruction sheet. I was under the impression based on the incorrect info that there was a wire extension connector added to the end of the line. However it’s all good now. Booster Plug works amazing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts