Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering the SM and America and just purchased a year end 06 TBA. Yes I am stoked! I'm a new rider as well as a new Triumph owner. Good place to be.

Does anyone know of a good cover for the bike during the summer months when I will keep it in the driveway? Triumph has the "dust cover" at about $110.00, don't know if something else out there might fit the bike as well and provide more protection from rain? I got a million more questions, but I'll try to take it one at at a time, I pick up the bike next week and I simply can't wait-Look forward to talking with all of you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congratulations!! Wal-Mart has an adequate cover. Can't remember how much, $25 or $30 I think. Let the pipes cool off, first.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Congrats!!!! Take your time to get to know her and get a few miles under your belt. These are one of the MOST FUN motorcycles you can ride. You will have a blast and Spring is just days away!

Cheers
BobW :chug:

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Buddha- Welcome to you, grasshoppa.

Try e-bay for covers. Like this one.

I ordered a similar one for my son's Rebel, and it seems good value.

·
Registered
264 Posts
welcome roadbuddha, I too have the walmart special. 20 bucks. even has the felt inside at the top for scratch prevention. and yea, don't let it stick to the pipes

mike

·
Registered
182 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! How are you fixed for mod money? There are going to be some things you need to have/change, and some things you'll want to change. We will all chime in to help ya out with some ideas when ya are ready. Just let us know when we can be of service. Please be careful at first, cause forward mounted pegs and the added fork rake on this bike will make the bike tend to fall into corners at low speed, and could bite ya for the first couple of rides. ENJOY!!! Vegas

·
Registered
123 Posts
On 2007-02-24 13:16, RoadBuddha wrote:
I was considering the SM and America and just purchased a year end 06 TBA. Yes I am stoked! I'm a new rider as well as a new Triumph owner. Good place to be. .....
congratulations, RoadBuddha. It's always good to see another phila. area triumph rider! You must have picked up that '06 TBA 'leftover' from Manayunk Triumph...I saw that bike a couple of weeks ago when I stopped down there for a chat...good guys down there. Hope you got a good deal on the bike.

you might want to look into the PA Motorcycle Safety Course (http://www.pamsp.com/). It's free and you get your license at the end, assuming you complete successfully. There's a course in Valley Forge (in the parking lot of the Valley Forge Turnpike rest stop off of Valley Forge Road).

happy riding!

[ This message was edited by: pratt on 2007-02-25 09:04 ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Everybody for the tips and info. I did get the bike in Manayunk- Those guys were great, I got the gunfighter seat put on and a tach installed, I think they wanted that "06 outta there. Just waitin' to register online for the course. O f course I want to put on the personal touches.

I'd like to put speedmaster bars on, can I do that? I'm also curious about pipes, the bike seemed quiet to me and being a new rider I want to be heard, but nothing too hellish. I was also wondering about an alloy rear wheel and new mirrors. I feel a new obsession coming on.

I rode dirtbikes way back, and I'm planning on taking it slow and safe so I can enjoy her for a good while. Thanks again for all of you input and I'm sure I'll be askin' more questions soon.

Trav

:cool:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Welcome, nice color choice. Those boys at Manayunk are pretty decent. Last I heard, their shop was flooded this summer, glad they're back in business.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you don't already know about them two other sites you are going to want to know about is bonnevilleamerica.com and newspeedmaster.com.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts